Part 1: Chapter 19

After two whole days of not seeing Steven, Sharni was excited to see him again. She got up early in the morning and really swiftly got ready to go back to college. She went to the bathroom and freshened herself up. Then cantered back to her bedroom and got dressed in her red off-shoulder, full-sleeve crop top and a black mini skirt. Her long black hair was brushed and tied loosely into two plaits. Then she sprinted to the kitchen and made herself a toasted sandwich and a cup of tea for breakfast. She hastily sat down at the dining table with her breakfast and started munching away.

While eating his own breakfast, Andre sat there at the dining table helplessly watching Sharni eat her toasted sandwich in a rapid manner. Andre's round brown eyes widen in shock as he observed for every bite she took of her toast, she swallowed it in three seconds!

"Slow down, girl!" He said frantically. "You're going to choke yourself!"

Nevertheless, Sharni refused to slow down. She finished her toasted sandwich in two minutes and swigged her tea down her throat.

Andre empathically felt the pain of hot tea travelling down his throat.

"Waoh, didn't that tea burn your throat?" He asked.

"Nope." Sharni said quickly as she ran to her bag and started packing with her essentials.

"Wow! Someone's an eager beaver!" Andre laughed. He continued to watch his girl work fast as she got ready for college. He was already dressed up in his day clothes, which consisted of a white shirt and blue jeans. He only just finished his breakfast and was sipping his hot cup of tea.

"Yep, after last week, I finally found out my reason to live!" Sharni replied breathlessly as she was still busy putting her books and writing equipments in her bag.

"Hmmm, that boy really is a big impact in your life now eh?" Andre teased. "I see where I stand now."

Sharni stopped and looked up at her guardian with a pouted mouth.

"Andre, that's not fair!" She mockingly exclaimed. "You know, you're always my number one guardian."

Andre laughed as he finished his tea. He placed the mug on the dining table and wrapped his arm around Sharni's waist.

"You know I'm only kidding." He said with a smile.

"When have you ever been serious?" Sharni smiled back.

Andre's laughter suddenly got louder. He loosened his hold on his girl and allowed her to get back to packing her bag. Sharni giggled along with him as she turned around to face her bag.

"So, you ready to go?" Andre asked as he managed to calm himself down.

"Uh-huh." Sharni nodded as she put in final college essential in her bag. She zipped up her bag and stood up. Then picked up her bag and placed the strap of her bag on her shoulder. "Let's go!"

Sharni took the lead, marching out through the front door with Andre followed not far behind. They head to where Andre's white hatchback was parked.

Andre took out his car keys out from one of the pockets of his jeans and unlocked the car doors. They both jumped in and strapped themselves with their seatbelts.

Andre started the engine and began their journey to college.

It took about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the college campus.

Andre parked his car in the parking lot. Not many cars were there as it was only 8:15 in the morning.

Both Sharni and Andre stepped out of the car and walked towards the gate.