Part 1: Chapter 8

At morning break, Steven and Sharni walked together to the canteen. They lined up for a cup of tea served from a vending machine next to the counter where everyone paid for their food. Fortunately, the line was not too long and in no time Sharni and Steven bought their tea that they were dying to have since that morning.

The happy new couple found a small and sat down. After having one sip of their nice hot cup of tea, their dry mouths felt alive again.

"That tastes so blissful." Steven sighed with relief as he felt the first drop warm up his insides.

"Nothing like a good drink of tea." Sharni agreed.

"Hey Sharni!" A cheerful female voice called from behind.

Sharni turned around and smile. "Hey Lisa!"

"I thought I'd find you here." Lisa said as she approached the same table as the new couple and sat herself down.

Sharni turned concerned. "Why? Is anything wrong?"

"Oh my!" Lisa giggled, covering her mouth. "Can't I at least find my best friend to sit and have our good chat at recess?"

Sharni giggled along with her. "Yeah, if you put it that way."

"Erm..." Steven spoke out awkwardly. "Why don't you girls keep on chatting, I'll be right back."

"Ok." The girls said in unison.

Steven got up with his half empty cup of tea and headed for the men's.

Lisa moved to sit closer to Sharni. She had a look in which Sharni knew she was about to be questioned regarding the obvious subject.

"So, you and Steven finally together?" Lisa asked in a low toned voice. "When did it happen? You better fill me in girl."

"Yeah." Sharni said as she looked up with a dreamy gaze. "It happened so fast, even I don't know what happened."

Lisa suddenly became more intrigue. Her blue eyes lit up by seeing her friend wearing the biggest smile ever.

"I saw something in his eyes that told me to forget every sorrow from the past." Sharni explained with eyes lost in space. "And the next thing I knew, we kissed for the first time."

"Finally, he's come to his senses." Lisa said.

Sharni turned to face her best friend as continued with excitement. "You know, Lisa, I felt like I was floating up to Heaven! It was such a surreal but wonderful feeling; I can't even explain it enough."

Lisa burst out laughing.

"Oh Sharni, I'm so happy for you!" She said, clapping her hands together. "You can never really explain love fully enough."

"Hey, you haven't been in a relationship either, and all of a sudden you're an expert?" Sharni exclaimed sarcastically. "It's not funny, you know."

"Ok dear, calm down." Lisa said as she tried to calm her giggles down. She placed her hands on Sharni's shoulders reassuring her of her support as always. "Take it from my mom, she's been with dad a long time and they still love each other. So, as a best friend, I thought why not share the wisdom?"

"Bless your parents Lisa, you're the best." Sharni gave Lisa a big girl to girl hug.

"Anyway, how's the other guy?" Lisa asked as the girls sat back in their chairs.

Sharni took a few more sips of her tea. "Who? Vince?"

Lisa nodded. "Is everything okay with him?"