Chapter 25: Secret Plan

Comincia dall'inizio

"W-wait! I didn't say I wouldn't help you! It's just...it's hard to believe my sister would do such things to our brother. If it's really true of what you've told me, then things really sucked big time." The Prince stood up after me agitatedly, seemingly to not want me to leave just yet when we finally were talking to each other again. 

"So I will come and find you again once you've contacted the alliances. I still have other things to do, I should be going soon." I said in a rush as I quickly left the house. 

It wouldn't be good for myself to be affected by his actions and emotions. Prince Wang Eun's already married for God's sake. I must dismiss any affectionate feelings towards him and focus on getting Hae Soo back in to the palace!

//

A week later, I managed to get hold of one of the ally who could help me to get a meeting with Yong Jun privately. I had secretly sneaked out from the palace at night with Prince Wang Eun, as he was the only one who knew the location of the house we're supposed to be meeting at. 

It was not easy to sneak out as before, considering we could be betrayed by any one of the guards if we're not careful. I was lucky that Prince Wang Eun still had some good reputation and power to manipulate the guards on our way out. 

We arrived at a humble house far from the palace and the ally with Yong Jun was already seated inside the room, having tea. At the sight of the both of us, they bowed respectfully at us as they invited us to take a seat.

"Princess Hwa Yeon, so the person who wants to speak with me is you..." Yong Jun started the conversation as soon as we're seated down.

"Yes...if you'll excuse us." I turned to Prince Wang Eun and the ally to leave the room. It was too much of a risk to involve Prince Wang Eun in this too, considering I've already asked his help thus far. 

Of course, the stubborn Prince was not happy with my choices as he left the room whining, "Why can't I be in the discussion too?" 

I shut my eyes in defeat as I sighed. When will this Prince listen to me completely? 

"What do you want to ask of me, Princess Hwa Yeon?" Yong Jun asked directly, not giving any chances to be wishy washy. 

"Does King Hye Jong had any allergies?" And I questioned him straightforwardly as well, not wasting any more time. 

He had an expression of shock as he eyes grew wider a second, completely stunned by how I would knew about this. Seemed that it was a secret to everyone that King Hye Jong had an allergic...

"I believed he was not poisoned. Right?" I stared straight into his eyes as I confirmed my doubts.

"Yes...he was killed with the over usage of mercury in his bath." Yong Jun finally revealed the secret. 

"Mercury...?" I couldn't believe my ears. Who would do such a thing...? And for how long?

"At first, it was for his own good. The King always had a health condition since young. We had been keeping this a secret for a long time. But I guess a secret would eventually be found out...and they used it as an advantage to get what they need." He explained regretfully as he clenched his fists. 

"Is it...the King?" I asked the question, terrified.

Yong Jun responded with a nod as he sighed in defeat. He revealed to me that he's currently researching in to this matter with an elite group; finding ways to pull out the evil deeds of King JeongJong as he secretly served him. 

It seemed that, that was only a part of the things that the King had been doing discreetly behind his loyal servants' back. The King was already part of the enemy that King Tae Jo had been trying to eliminate when he's alive. Seemed like he planned to build a new world and corrupt the history of Goryeo when he have the chance. 

"We're not going to give him that opportunity to further destroy Goryeo." Yong Jun was ascertain as he told me about their plans. 

"Please allow me to assist you. I want to get revenge for my mother and father as well. I know if the truth is out...most likely there will be a huge war but...I'm ready for it." I pleaded as I truly want to drag down the current King and Queen. 

It was injustice for them to fake a cause of murder and put blame on to an innocent court lady. 

"I guess an extra helping hand wouldn't hurt. Our first target will be Court Lady Hae Soo's loyal servant, Chae Ryung." Yong Jun said, leaving me dumbfounded at his confession.

Chae Ryung?!

Author's Note:

Hey guys, it's been a month since I've updated. I know...

I've been super busy with school work but luckily I submitted everything. But also because I didn't have any idea how to continue from the last chapter. But I thought I should just let the story and my idea flow naturally instead of having second thoughts that the story progression might not be smooth?

What are your thoughts now that the puzzle pieces are slowly forming?