Chapter 10: The Exchange

Author's Note:

Sorry for the super long update. I had to rush two assignments and I was sick so I didn't have any time to visit Wattpad to update this chapter. Thank you for your patience and let's go!

//

Two days had passed since that incident and surprisingly, no one had came to see me. It was quite a big issue that Prince Wang Eun had fainted because of 'heat stroke' but nonetheless, we were still allowed to practice secretly since no one questioned about anything.

"MiRa, I'm feeling dizzy all of the sudden...I think I need to rest." We were hanging the Prince's laundry and it was time for our secret practice. Since both Wonhee and MiRa knew about me helping Prince Wang Eun with his ritual practice, we had been using this secret quote for the past two days to help me cover.  

"Ah...sure A-Yeon ah." MiRa turned to me and leaned in close as she whispered, "So it's time yet?"

I nodded and patted her shoulders, feeling grateful and surreptitiously, I sneaked out from the gardens and ran towards the practice grounds.

"Yah, over here!" I jumped when I heard someone whispering aloud from behind the bushes and I froze.

Am I caught?

"Get over here, hurry!" The figure waved me over impatiently and I squinted my eyes to get a better look at the dumb person hiding behind the bushes.

"Prince Wang Eun? What are you doing squatting over there?" I sighed in relief when I found out it was only the child prince playing hide-and-seek again. 

"Aish! I told you to get over here! Do you want us to get caught?!" His tone was agitated as he left the hiding spot and grabbed my wrist, forcefully dragging me impatiently towards a direction that was not the practice grounds.

"W-wait! The practice ground is over there!" I shouted carelessly as I involuntarily followed after Prince Wang Eun.

He brought me to an empty house somewhere further up ahead in the palace and it was sure eerily quiet. Prince Wang Eun opened the door and pulled me in, causing me to stumble clumsily at the steps.

What is he thinking about again?

"Prince Wang Eun, surely we're not practicing here today? Did Nanny found out about the secret?" I asked in shock as I wondered about the possibility.

"Forget about practice today! I have an even better idea for you!" He exclaimed enthusiastically as he walked past me towards a wooden desk. On top of the wooden desk was several robes which I could not recognise. Prince Wang Eun picked those up and drew closer; stretching his arms towards me with the pile of robes.

"What's this?" I questioned confusingly as I examined the robes.

"Try this on!" Prince Wang Eun ordered. 

"What? Here?!" I felt absurd that he wanted me to change in front of him. What's his plan though?

Prince Wang Eun nodded with a smug expression as he looked at me. His face suddenly flushed red when he realised there was only the both of us in the house. And I was going to change.

"I erm...will wait outside..." He stuttered embarrassingly as he made his way out. I rolled my eyes at the prince as he left the room. 

Once I'm alone, I revealed the robes to see that it was a man's clothing. 

Why will Prince Wang Eun ask me to change into a man's clothing? Is it because he wants to sneak out to town again?

Feeling a bad and weird feeling; I had no choice but to put on those robes under the pressure of Prince Wang Eun's orders.