Chapter 25: Secret Plan

There's only one person who could clarify my doubts to me and he was none other than King Tae Jo's right hand man, Yong Jun, who had served King Hye Jong as well. But he wasn't someone whom I could see as and when I like...

Especially now that I'm being targeted by Queen Yoo and King Jeongjong...

There has to be a way.

"Prince Wang Eun." I greeted as I entered his household for the first time ever since he'd gotten married. I expected us to be very awkward but surprisingly, he was elated to see me.

"A-Yeon ah! What brings you here today?" The Prince questioned cheerily as he invited me in.

"Well...sorry to be visiting you out of the blue. How have you been?" I smiled as I asked about his day. There's always this comforting feeling when I'm around Prince Wang Eun. I guess it's because he's a carefree and approachable person who doesn't gives out an intimidate vibe unlike somebody...

"Nothing's changed I guess...Marriage is no fun at all. Without you as my wife..." Prince Wang Eun mumbled to himself as he looked away from me. 

I blushed a little as I heard what he had said and I didn't know what to do. All these times and he was still thinking about me being his wife? 

"Anyway," I decided to change the topic as I felt it was inappropriate to be talking about 'us' now that he's already married to Soon Deok. She would be absolutely disappointed if she had heard what Prince Wang Eun said. 

"I need you to help me with something. You're the only person who could do me this favour at this point of time." I stared in to his eyes determinedly even though I knew he'd would say yes to any of my request. He had never rejected me and I hoped that he wouldn't this time too.

"Sure! How could I help you?" He was more than willing to help me as he accepted readily.

"I heard that your grandfather had some alliances that were still close to the royal family? I know this would be a difficult request when your grandfather had passed away but...could you possibly contact any of them?" I asked carefully.

"Well...it should be easy for me to contact them but why?" Prince Wang Eun asked back.

"I suspect that it was not poison that had killed the past King but something that could have been an allergy. Considering the cup and teapot that he'd drank from didn't turn black like it was supposed to." I told him about my findings even though I wasn't sure if Prince Wang Eun was able to understand any of it. 

"What?! You mean Princess Yeon Hwa was lying about Hyung's death?" He was astounded by the new information and kind of gasped aloud.

"Yah! Quieten down!" I quickly hushed him in fear the servants might heard what we're talking about. I could never trust these people as they were easy preys to the Queen. Who knew they would spill the beans because of their cowardice? 

"No way...I haven't heard Hyung having any allergies before. He was always healthy and out in the field with the past King." He was quick to dismiss the idea of Princess Yeon Hwa faking to cover up the cause of the King's death. 

"I'm very sure it's allergy that had caused the death of King Hye Jong! Princess Yeon Hwa had been plotting to get rid of Hae Soo so that she could be with Prince Wang So!" I revealed absently about the interaction I had with the hypocrite princess. 

"B-but...Princess Yeon Hwa would never..." 

"Are you going to help me or what? Forget it...I guess I've came to find the wrong person." I was somehow irritated by how he doesn't seem to be faltered by the fact that Princess Yeon Hwa was no goody two shoes.