Chapter 30: III - Kisaragi Village

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. “I-it’s nothing.”

-

“There was a shadow earlier.” Sasuke says which caught all of their attention.

“But after a second, it disappeared. I don’t like the aura of that shadow.” I added.

“So if it was the enemy, they already know that we are here to help the Kisaragi Village?” Sakura asked.

Kakashi sensei nodded. “It looks like it. We better keep our guards up if anything happens. This may be a dangerous mission, Sasuke, Sakura, Nami and Naruto. As I remember, this mission is supposed to be S-class. Are you willing to continue this mission?”                

I smirked as Naruto slammed his fist on the table. “You bet!” He shouted and the three of us nodded.

“Then I trust you guys to solve this and as you know this is our first extreme mission with Nami.” Kakashi smiled at me beneath his mask “She didn’t go with us back on the Land of the Wave--”

“Don’t push it, Sensei. I know it was fun.” I groaned burying my face to my hands.

“This mission will be more fun than that!” Naruto cheered.

“And I will have more time with Sasuke-kun!” Sakura squealed. Sasuke secretly groaned and facepalmed.

“Let’s have a training!” I told them.

“Yeah! Let’s go.” Naruto jumped outside not even waiting for us. Sakura and Sasuke started following too.

“So Kakashi-sensei, any skills you want to teach us?” I asked as we walked outside. We went to the back of the house to prevent disturbing villagers if there will be some clashing or explosions if ever.

“Let’s have Taijutsu today?” Kakashi-sensei suggested. “2 against 2. Sakura you’ll be fighting with Sasuke and Naruto with Nami.”

It looked like everyone was fine of it….except Sasuke.   

Each of us went to our own place. Naruto was beside me and in front of us were Sakura and Sasuke. Sakura was giddy being beside Sasuke and the latter was annoyed. Naruto was pumped up beside me, grinning at me when he caught my eye.

“Let’s win this!” I grinned back.

“Well then.. Start!” Kakashi-sensei shouted.

The four of us ran at each other. I met Sasuke head on. I turned sideways to avoid his kick and caught his feet with my hand. I stepped back to gain momentum and threw him at Sakura, who unfortunately, is fighting Naruto. The three of them fell on the ground. I ran at them and pulled a groaning Naruto.

“Sorry Naruto.” I said.

Sasuke and Sakura stood up, scowling. Sasuke started running at us again followed by Sakura. “Nami-chan, let me take Sasuke!” Naruto said and ran at Sasuke.

“Okay.” I agreed and went in front of Sakura. Sakura punched me straight in the face which I blocked with my arm, she followed it with a kick on the side that caught me. I grunted and found an opening to her stomach where I slammed my palm like Neji’s techniques. Sakura groaned, dazed. I grabbed that opportunity and ducked, sliding my feet on hers. She fell on her butt. I felt a presence behind me. I whirled around just in time to see Sasuke’s fist on the way on my face. It suddenly stopped, Naruto holding Sasuke’s arm, just inches on my face.

“Woah. You saved me, Naruto.” I told him and kicked Sasuke on the chest. I suddenly felt myself rolling on the dirt close to Sasuke.

I groaned and stood at my knee, my back on Sakura. I realized Sakura had sent me a kick. That was my bad I turned my back to her.