2

Cal couldn’t stop thinking about Lola, he knew that she had only wanted to be friends, but cal couldnt help but want more from her. Cal stood from the Ned and groaned, ever since Lola has rejected him. Cal had found himself hooking up with different woman. Cal stood from the hotel bed, and to the blonde that he had hooked up with the night before, he couldn’t remember her name but he knew that she was fit. Cal rubbed his eyes as he imagined Lola, Lola and her fiery red hair lying in the bed. Cal grabbed his boxer off of the floor and slid them on. He knew he was only kidding himself thinking that something could happen between him and Lola, he knew that she wasn’t interested in him and he knew that Charlie wouldn’t let him anywhere near his daughter. Cal knew that charlie was protective of her, and cal would be the last person he would allow by lola. Cal walked into the bathroom and looked to her appearance, he saw how tired his eyes were and the stubble on his face making him look at least five years older. Cal signed knowing he needed to get over the girl that has rejected him. He looked to his phone and noticed he had missed cals off of Lola, he knew that they could only ever be friends.

***
Lola sighed as she ended the call, she sighed as she tried to get in contact with cal. He was late for yet another shift. She was sick of covering for him, even if he was her friend. Lola placed her phone on the side as she placed her bag in the locker as Charlie walked into the room. He looked to Lola and smiled “id leave him, if I was you” Charlie said and Lola sighed as she looked to him “i don’t know what is going on with him dad? Hes a mess and he’s pushing me away I don’t know why I bother” Lola said as Charlie walked over to her. He placed his hands on her shoulder and looked to her “you have a big heart, that’s why you care. Cal is being cal, he’s going through a rough stage” Charlie said “when I first got here and he asked me out, I said no..I said friends as I didn’t want to date, now if it was this cal I wouldn’t even want to be friends with him, he’s changed” Lola said and Charlie smiled “ilk talk to him” Charlie said and Lola smiled, she may not be going out with cal, but he was still her friend.

***
Lola walked off to work and charlie smiled to her. He knew that she was worried about cal, Charlie was too. Two hours later, cal walked into work, charlie saw him and noticed he was hung over. Charlie followed cal into the staffroom “i can smell it on you, from here if Connie does, shell have you gone” “im fine charlie” cal said and charlie frowned “lola doesn’t think so...she’s worried about you” “shes doesn’t need to be” “i know, she’s too good for you, but the thing about Lola is that she worries, she always has” charlie said “im not good enough for her, never mind to be her friend” cal said ”no, your not, I wouldn’t let this cal anywhere near my daughter and if you want Lola, change and show her your worth her or be an idiot and be happy” charlie said as he walked off.
***
Lola stood filing out paper work when. Cal walked over. She looked up st him and sighed “your a mess” Lola said and he chuckled “thanks” cal said as she looked to him “im serious, cal, I’m worried about you” Lola said as cal smiled “its okay, you don’t need to me, I met someone” cal said and lola frowned, she didn’t know why it effected her but hearing him say it. But it hurt “oh?” “her name is Taylor and she’s great” cal said and Lola smoked “good, in happy for you” Lola said as cal looked at her, he knew that making her jealous wasn’t the right thing to do but deep down he couldnt help it.