We Meet Again

Mulai dari awal

"Wow, did that princess just tried to kill Demion at first sight?", Esker chuckled.

"We meet again. Just like 6 years ago. Huh, Hilda?", Demion whispered looking cold in her eyes.

Demion was acting tough outside but he felt knots form in his stomach. She hasn't changed a bit. She wasn't a moment hesitant to draw the sword. And those eyes, red eyes she had but not the kind of shade that Demion could describe. It was almost like they were both red and black at the same time, the black was creeping in around the edges as if trying to take over. Simply put, to Demion her eyes were nothing less than a nightmare.

"You monster! How dare you! That head why! Why did you! And how date you set foot on the holy ground of this palace!", Hilda roared with eyes that could have burnt holes through Demion.

Hilda pulled away and......

"Scintillam Fragor"

*Ka-boom!!*

A fireball had crashed against Demion's left & exploded. A part of his poncho & shirt had burnt away. He looked at his steaming left hand and commented, "Magic this weak... is utter nonsense."

Helios was dumbstruck, the spell that could've burnt anyone to ashes barely had any effect.

"Shut up!", Hilda roared as she charged in swinging Zaphkeil with deadly intent.

Demion would've charged in but it was Zaphkeil, being cut would be fatal. So he leaped back, dodged.

"Scintillam Fragor", Helios cried once again, this time aiming for Demion's back.

"Stabing on the back? Is this cowardice?", Esker chuckled as with a gesture of his hands a ice wall appeared & blocked the fireball.

Helios frowned at the white haired boy with wierd face tattoo who was smirking at him.

"If you don't have a partner to dance with why not ask me?", Esker smirked even harder. "Leave Demion and your highness alone."

"Get lost! I don't have time for you.", Helios frowned. "Hear me, wise ones, old ones, those who dwell above; Hear my call and hear my voice, hear my prayer: Send to me the blessings of the flame god. Ignis Verso"

Helios drew his hand in the air and fire started spinning on his palm like a disc. He threw it right into Esker.

"Wow, are you a fire mage?", Esker pointed out. "Well if you are, you sure have bad battle luck today.", said that the fire disc touched him & dissolved into a burst of mist.

Helios looked helpless, the most effective of his spells had no effect. He looked at the trembling Inga hiding behind her then back at Esker and his overconfident smirk.

Esker was having a hard time, controlling his laughter, on the pitiful state of Helios. He called, "Hey Demion, look I've found a funny looking trembling human."

But Demion was busy, busy dodgeing the edge of Zaphkeil. Afterall this sword was one of the few that could cut him. He thought about going in, a single punch could blow her to bits. But the same goes for him, that sword in her hands could cut him apart like grass. Cut his skin which no other blade could even scratch upon.

"Running away coward!", Hilda roared.

"Not running away. This is something that all creatures do, struggle for existence.", Demion sighed, eyes keenly observing the Zaphkeil. It's sleek, black, double-edged body of fairy metal with vermilion markings on it.

"And I was thinking you're the sadist, I wanna die type.", Hilda smirked as she was able to land a cut on Demion's left forearm.

The mouths on his right hand creaked out & made painfull expressions. They licked the air & spoke, "I'm sad, not a sadist."

"What about the countless people you killed?", Hilda charged in, more brutal.

"Skelen?", his whole right arm smirked up. "They were already dead, from the inside. I just killed them."

"Then why Hadrian! Why the king!"

"That you can say I killed out of revenge. Afterall I was imprisoned for 6 yrs without a head. And I needed a head."

"You demon! No, you're worse that" demon!", Hilda gritted, Zaphkeil glowing red in her hands.

Aracius looked around, their development out of nowhere had created chaos & confusion. Ministers and nobels running towards safety, knights & guards jumping out of everywhere. The only one to remain calm & composed was the king, Aleser. And he was surrounded by a circle of knights, swords pointed towards him. They didn't attack but waited in grim silence. Afterall you don't just jump on somebody who just appeared out of nothing.

Aracius gave a slight bow to the king, "Greetings."

"Not from unwanted visitors.", came the kings reply.

"Then I would like to ask for the king's forgiveness.", Aracius smiled. "Excuse my friends but I'm not here with any ill intent."

"Then why?"

"Assistance!", Aracius gave a smile.

The king frowned. "Why would people like you need assistance? And how dare you even expect me to assist when you have brought that monster here.", the king replied giving a quick glance towards Demion.

"It's mutual. Maybe we need a bit more friendlier environment to talk.", Aracius glanced at Demion & Esker.

Demion kept looking at the glowing Zaphkeil, her eyes filled with disgust and hatred. This was bad, he regretted provoking her. But what about all the times he had been hurt. Enough, he thought, why was he even talking to that human girl? Not like they can ever come an agreement. He reached out his right hand towards her, "Ignis Fragor Carcer...

"Revincio!"