XII

[Connor]

"Dude, you guys are messed up." I said as me and Travis walked into the cabin. Cecil lay on his bed watching TV. Don't ask, all I'll say is we stole it. He seemed to be the only one in the cabin. "You're worse," he laughed, "You know, I would have hated to be on the wrong end of that vine." He said. Then the conch horn blew. It was time for lunch.
As I thought, when me and Travis passed the Aphrodite table, we heard giggles and whispers. As we sat down Travis looked at Katie, who was having a normal conversation with her siblings. "Hey, Travis. Dude." I said, but he didn't seem to hear me. The other Hermes kids started laughing. Which brought attention to us. He didn't notice. "Dude, snap out of it!" I yelled. I said that way louder than I meant to, and soon everyone was laughing. Chiron walked up, and motioned for us to quiet down. We all knew better than to disobey him. "Ok, thank you for your attention. As you know today is capture the flag. Everyone had gotten teamed up. The Hermes cabin is leading the Red team. Their allies are: Apollo cabin, Ares cabin, Nike cabin, Nemesis cabin, Athena cabin, Poseidon cabin, and the Hades cabin.
The Blue team is leaded by the Demeter cabin, with the allies of: Aphrodite cabin, Hypnos cabin, Hephaestus cabin, Dionysus cabin, and all the rest not on the Red Team. Thank you for listening." Me and the others were grinning like crazy. "What? You all look like psychotic maniacs." Travis said. Behind him was Katie. "Wow. Never thought I'd hear one of the Stolls use a big words like that. I'd give you five bucks to see if you can spell it, but that's not why I'm here. I came to say don't get cockey about having all the good cabins on your side. If you do, I will decapitate you." And she walked away with a smile. Everyone had their jaw dropped but me. I was still grinning wildly. "What?!" He asked again. "Well, here is where we see whether you really like her or not." He rolled his eyes. "Shut up."