:film

The next day the man didn't show up. The day after was the same, and I began to wonder if he was just another passing tourist visiting Vancouver on vacation.
When finally he walked in after three days of absence I was a little surprised.
"And he returns!" I called cheerfully across the store to him.
"He does." He shot back, his eyes connecting for a long split second.
Today he wore black jeans and a slightly rumpled blue and white striped button up. He had undone one or two more buttons than most guys would have. He did pull it off though, in a sort of careless fashion that suited him well.
Despite his well put together outfit which I admired considering I was wearing the same boyfriend jeans and teeshirt as the day before, he looked thoroughly exhausted.
As if to confirm this he let out a large yawn.
"I meant to come in the other day but I had a night shoot and spent the next day catching up on sleep. I need some film for my camera." He said his eyes darting from her face to scanning the glass case in front of the her desk back to her face.

"I might have film... what kind?"
"Actually," he said his mouth curling up into a crooked half smile, " I just found the camera at a thrift shop a few blocks from here, I'm not sure what kind of film it takes. I'm not even sure if it works yet."
" do you have it with you?"
"Yeah in here somewhere." he muttered swinging the bag hanging off his shoulder in front of him and rustling around inside of it.
"Here," he said handing her a vintage looking camera.
I examined it with curious eyes intrigued by it.
"Damn I've always wanted one of these! Canon Tx right?" I said excitedly.
"Yeah! I shouldn't be surprised you know that cause you own a camera store and all but you would be surprised how often store owners know nothing about what they sell." He said, his eyes sparkling with an impressed look.
God. Why couldn't every stranger look as hot as him.
Maybe if all the men in the world looked like that then I could finally get a date with a decent looking guy.

You wouldn't
You know you wouldn't.

I mentally screamed at myself to shut up and returned to looking at the man.
"I'm gonna go into the back and check for film, be back in a sec." I said, exiting the room quickly so he wouldn't be able to look at me any longer, anyone looking at me for to long made me uncomfortable.
After some digging, and a few boxes falling on my feet I shuffled out of the back room and held the box out the man.
"I think this is the right kind," I said, passing a small box and a smile across the wooden desk.
"Can I try putting it in just to see if it's the right kind?" He questioned.
"Yeah sure."
He carefully placed the film in the camera before closing it with a snap.

Click

The camera flashed.
"Did you just take a picture of me?" I snapped in shock my eyes wide.no no no no this couldn't be happening. He has a picture of me now. Of me.
"Maybe," he said, his face glowing with mischievous happiness, his smile infuriatingly beautiful, " at least now I know the camera works." He raised the camera closer to his face examining the photo.
"Yeah, it definitely works." He said smirking.
"Delete it!" I hissed at him.
"Why would I delete it?"
"Because it had me in it!" I said in exasperation.
"What's wrong with that?" He shot back grinning.
"Well- I -"
"Exactly. I think I'll keep it. It's a good photo."
Before I could respond he had snatched the opened box of film off the counter, whirled around, and strode toward the door.
"I'm Cole by the way." He called over his shoulder as he pushed open the door and stepped out into the street.