I felt a tear roll down my cheek, but this was one of joy. 

"When can we see her?" I asked.

"Well, one of you can go into recovery in a little bit, but I highly recommend the baby stays back," he answered.

"Logan, I'll hold Lorelai IV, and you can go be with her when she wakes up," she offered.  I decided to let the Lorelai IV comment go for the time being.  I wasn't up for a battle with the Reigning Lorelai.  "Besides, I've been dying to get my hands on this beautiful bundle of joy!"

"I just.....I don't know.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.  I want to be there for Rory, but I don't want to leave the baby," I said thinking out loud.

"I promise I've successfully held several babies on multiple occasions.  Not all at the same time, but I'll give you Rory as proof positive that I'm perfectly capable of caring for a newborn."

"Ok, I'll go wait for Rory in recovery," I replied still in a bit of a daze.

I followed the doctor to the room where she had been brought a few minutes ago.  She still wasn't awake from the surgery.  I looked at her, lying there, so small, so helpless.  At least the surgery went well, not I play the waiting game until she wakes up.  I tried to distract myself by thinking of names for our daughter.  Nothing seemed quite right or good enough.  I wasn't sure if that was actually the case or if I was just too distracted to really concentrate on a serious task.  My mind wandered back to my own brush with death in Costa Rica.  I wondered if this was how Rory felt when she got the news.  She'd been so disappointed and angry with me after Honor's wedding.  Her feelings were justified and multiplied when she learned of our plans an lack of proper research.  I don't even remember whose idea it was, but, looking back, it was completely moronic.  I couldn't fathom how scared she must have been because this scared me half to death.

I noticed Rory starting to stir and my heart began pounding in my chest.  Oh, thank, God!  I thought and sighed.  I leaned up a little bit to try to get a better look.  She was moving her head around like she was trying to figure out what was going on.

"Ace?  Are you ok?" I said as I stood and moved to her side.

"Logan?" she asked, sounding confused.  Her eyes were looking in my direction, but didn't seem to actually see me.

"Yes, I'm here.  You just got out of surgery, but the doctor said you were going to be fine," I answered, holding her hand.

"Surgery?  For what?" she replied sounding even more confused.  She passed out before anyone could fill her in, so she had no idea what happened.  Her eyes were still darting around a bit.

"After Little Ace was born, you began hemorrhaging and lost a lot of blood.  They needed to get you into emergency surgery to stop the bleeding.  I've never been so scared in all of my life.  I stood in the room, helplessly, while they whisked you off.  They handed me our beautiful baby girl, and I started crying.  One love in my arms, while the other was rushed to the OR.  I didn't know what to do," I explained, nearly in tears again.

"Is the baby ok?  Where is she?"

"Don't worry, she's with Lorelai in your room, so that I could come down here and wait for you.  They wouldn't let me bring her with.  We'll head to the room once you are ready," I replied.

"I'm ready.  I want to see our baby girl, and I don't want to wait."

"I'll buzz the nurse."

Once the nurse was satisfied that Rory was ok to return to her room, we were on our way.  I was anxious for her to meet our daughter.  We turned into the room, and Lorelai was standing there waiting for us with the baby in her arms.  She brought her over to Rory and put her in her arms.  She was sleeping peacefully.  It was amazing to witness this moment between mother and daughter.