Chapter 18

We immersed ourselves in the city for the next few days.  Although it was a bit cold, we did it up right: museums, architecture, castles, and horse-drawn carriages through the park.  It was wonderful, romantic, and filled with food.  This baby sure had quite the appetite.  I wonder if this is how Mom felt with me.  We went out for a very formal dinner on Friday evening.  The restaurant was beautiful.  Dark wood and fresh linens everywhere.  Grandma would love it.

"So, I was thinking that, maybe, we check out tomorrow morning and fly to Paris for the weekend.  What do you think?" Logan proposed.

"Oh, wow.  I hadn't even considered.  They do have some great food in Paris.....why not?!" I replied.  "After all, Paris is the most romantic city in the world.  It should definitely be a part of our honeymoon."

"I'll make the necessary arrangements," he said with a sneaky smile.

"What are you grinning about?  Do you know something I don't?"

"Guess you'll just have to wait and find out." Logan's smile grew bigger.

I wonder what kind of scheme he's dreamed up for Paris.  It was always an adventure with Logan.  Sometimes it was a bit scary, yet I loved every minute of it.  I was not completely intrigued, especially after a slightly rough start to the week.

The next morning we checked out of the hotel and took a car to the airport.  I felt like I had twice as much stuff as I brought with me.  I guess all of the shopping became a reality packing last night.  At least we didn't have to lug the bags ourselves.  I could get used to traveling like this!  The car dropped us off at the hangar where the plane was waiting for us.  We boarded for the short flight to Paris.

I was feeling inspired on the plan ride and wrote for over an hour solid.  Somehow the baby seemed to be my motivation.  I wrote an entire chapter and outlined the next four.  Words were flowing through my fingers and onto my computer screen.  I saved my work and was putting away my computer when Logan sat down next to me.

"How's it going, Ace?"

"I just had a great writing session.  I couldn't believe how much I got done!  It feels great to make some forward progress on this project, you know?"

"That's great to hear!  You are going to rock this book!  You and Lorelai have an amazing story," he replied.  His expression turned more serious.  "Now......how's our little Ace doing?  I know we've been focusing on us, but I seem to have a case of baby on the brain and I can hardly think about anything else today."

"I guess there's not much to report.  The baby is still tiny, so it's not like I feel anything except uncontrollable hunger, and that's not that much out of the ordinary.  That's how I know this baby is full blown Gilmore!"  Both of us laughed.  "After the early bouts of morning sickness, things seem to be much smoother.  At times, it's still not really real to me, even though we saw the baby at the doctor's office."

"I'll admit it's not quite real to me either, yet this is the scariest thing I've ever faced, and I've had a lot of scary Mitchum moments in my life!" he confessed.

"But you've seemed so calm, cool, and collected about all of this!  I'm so glad I'm not the only one freaking out about this!"  I said, relieved that we were on the same page.  "I can't believe we are going to be someone's parents!"

Logan laughed.  "I know, it feels completely wrong, but, as a team, we're going to figure this out together."

"As a team.....we will," I replied, moving to kiss him.  He put his hand under my chin and pulled my lips to his, kissing me.