045. call him back

"You've got to call him back, Annabelle," Nora said to her sister a week later. They were sitting in their mom's bedroom, sifting through her things. Annabelle flipped her phone facedown, ignoring yet another call from Dom.

"I think I have to break up with him," Annabelle said matter-of-factly, making her younger sister's jaw literally drop.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Nora asked, and Annabelle shrugged.

"It's too much, Nora. You know I've never been good at relationships. I don't know how to handle them," Annabelle said, regarding one of their mom's sweaters before throwing it into a box.

"It's too much that he's absolutely perfect to you? It's too much that he cares about you so much that people that have never met either of you can clearly tell just by looking at the way he looks at you that he's absolutely obsessed with you? It's too much that the two of you are so connected that when one of you moves, the other one does too to make up the space between you? It's too much that he would move the entire earth just to be next to you and take care of you? Come on, Belles. Don't be a fucking idiot," Nora said, her voice passionate, sounding like she might be about to cry. Annabelle looked at her, trying to keep her temper steady.

"Nora, it's not your business," she said through gritted teeth, and Nora scoffed.

"You're right. It's not my business. But I'm telling you, Annabelle: you're going to fucking regret it if you break up with that absolutely lovely guy for no reason other than the fact that you're scared of being in love with him," Nora said, standing and leaving the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.