037. annabelle woods opens up

tw: brief mentions of sexual abuse, drugs, and self-harm

Annabelle Woods Opens Up - About Everything!

We were shocked when our request for an interview with everyone's favorite one to talk about, Annabelle Woods, actually got a reply. Woods is infamous for rejecting interviews and in fact hasn't done a public one in over five years. While we were shocked, we were also absolutely ecstatic. While other outlets have always given Miss Woods such an unbelievably hard time seemingly for no real reason at all, we've always been intrigued by her. For all intents and purposes, she seems to just be a normal girl living her life. So, we had to find out more about her. As soon as we received an email response from Miss Woods herself, we absolutely had to set it up. Keep reading to see what our journalist, Abby Michaels, had to say.

•••••

We set up our meeting at a very low-profile coffee shop very near to the Shadowhunters set in Toronto. Annabelle was right on time, and I wasn't surprised at all to see beau Dominic Sherwood on her arm, who, without a doubt, looked at her like it was his life's duty to keep her safe. It was adorable. Both were ridiculously polite and seemed genuinely happy to be having the interview.

•••••

Abby Michaels:
So, I'm sure you know how shocked we were to see that you were willing to do this interview. Why now, and why us?

Annabelle Woods:
-laughs- Well, it was kind of just time. Everyone knows I've kept quiet about a lot of things for a long time. I'm a very secretive and private person just by nature. It's not easy for me to open up to anyone. Dom is actually part of the reason that I'm starting to understand that it's okay to let people in. -looks at him lovingly- And as far as why you, honestly it was because yours was the first email forwarded to me by my agent that I've opened in a long time that didn't just feel like it was going to be a piece dragging me through the mud and making me out to be some sort of ridiculous and dramatic thing that I'm not.

AM:
Well, we definitely appreciate the opportunity! And you have my word that this interview will be whatever you want it to be. I want you to know that anything you'd like to keep off-limits will absolutely stay that way.

AW:
I appreciate that. But, the whole point of this is that I wanted to get it all out there. I'm sure you noticed I brought my moral support. -looks at Dominic and laughs-

AM:
Alright, well then let's just start at the beginning. I feel like the whole world knows that about a month and a half ago it was revealed through an interview with your ex-boyfriend that you were the victim of sexual abuse when you were younger. As far as we know, you've never confirmed or denied it. Is it true and how did you feel when you found out Christian outed you like that?

AW:
It's true. It was a friend of my mom's and it happened for a long time. I'm not going to go into too much detail about it because it's still quite hard for me to talk about, but it's true and it's absolutely part of the reason I am the way I am. It screwed me up for a long time because I refused to deal with it, but now I'm working on it for sure. As far as Christian telling the world about it, at first I was furious, then I was devastated, and now I just don't care about him at all. I know he only said it because he was angry that I'd started dating Dom, and his pettiness doesn't matter to me anymore.

AM:
I'm so sorry you went through that. -she nods and squeezes my leg-

So, the next thing I have to ask about is your recent hospital stay. We heard a lot of rumors about it, ranging from absolutely ridiculous to just plain sad. What happened?

AW:
I got high and cut my wrists. I'd had a problem with drugs for a long time, and that was another thing I had refused to deal with. I just kept it up, pretending like the people around me didn't notice, and thinking that I wasn't worthy of help. It had been my tendency for a long time to cut myself while high; I'd wake up the next morning in a bed full of blood and have no idea what had happened. This time was much worse, though. Usually when I did it, it was on my thigh or somewhere else fleshy and never big cuts. But this last time it was my wrists and they were deep. -shows me the still-healing cuts on her wrists- My sister got me to the hospital and they kept me overnight on suicide watch. I think that was my wake-up call. I'd never thought of myself as suicidal, and I'd never thought of the cutting as that big of a problem, but seeing how closely they watched me and seeing how sad my sister and Dom and [Matthew] Daddario were because they all genuinely thought I'd wanted to die, it was absolutely life-changing for me.

AM:
Wow. So you're done with drugs now?

AW:
Absolutely. I've been clean since the night of my accident almost two months ago and I feel better than I ever have. I'm much more focused and centered and my life feels much more at-ease.

AM:
Good for you!

AW:
Thanks! -smiles-

AM:
So, now that we've got the heavy stuff out of the way, I have to ask: how did you and Dom meet? You're maybe the cutest couple I've ever seen!

AW:
Thanks! -laughs and looks at Dom- Would you like to tell that one, tiger?

Dom Sherwood:
-laughs- I suppose. We actually met because I drunk messaged her on Instagram after spending a drunken night semi-stalking her and lusting after her. She thought I was an absolute idiot at first, but eventually I proved that I'm alright. -he and Annabelle both laugh again-

AM:
Aw, that's so sweet! Well, thank you so much again for this opportunity! I've loved speaking with you!

AW:
I've loved speaking with you too! You've definitely quelled some of my interview anxiety!

AM:
Glad to hear it!

•••••

We finished off the day by having another coffee each and continuing to chat off-record about anything and everything. I know a lot of people have pre-conceived notions about this girl, and I'm here to tell you that Annabelle Woods is one of the sweetest, most down to earth people I've ever interviewed and she and Dominic are absolutely adorable.