Chapter fourteen

I didn't want to wake up Fahad. Seeing him sleep was very comforting, not that I'm a stalker or anything. He must've been very tired after playing football and dealing with the events after it. If I was him, I'd be in the hospital, passed out on one of the beds. I had no other choice to shake him because in any minute now, my mum or dad could be coming upstairs to check on me and the worse thing was, I can't even lock my door because I never lock my bedroom door, so if I lock my door this time, they'll know something is up.

I began to shake Fahad lightly so I wouldn't give him a heart attack.
"Fahad" I whispered in his ears and heard him groan.
"What happened Zara?" He asked opening his eyes slightly. Damn that voice. It was husky and like a morning voice but there was no time to drool over it. I put my index finger on his lips to shush him.
"My parents are home and I think they'll come upstairs" I whispered to him which made him jolt up an widen his eyes. I checked the digital clock next to my bed and it said 9:37. I thought my parents were going to stay at Fahad's house! Just as I checked the time, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I looked at Fahad with panic in my eyes.
"Where shall I hide?" Fahad asked in a whisper tone
"I don't know! Obviously you think I have a hobby of hiding people in my bedroom" I whispered back sarcastically while rolling my eyes. He chuckled at that.
"Stop rolling your eyes at me and think where to hide me" he said getting out of the bed.

The footsteps where getting more louder.

I looked around the room and thought of a place to hide a very muscly man where my parents won't see.
"Zara!" My mum called out from the stairs
"Y-yes" I stammered back with a voice that sounded like a cat being strangled, squished and swallowed. Yes, swallowed, I know what I said thank you very much.
Just then my phone vibrated which made me pick it up and see who sent me a message. It was from Zayn.

Your parents are home 😬-Z

Well thanx for telling me that now Zayn!-Z

He couldn't find a better time to warn us. Seriously. When I looked up from my phone, I saw Fahad trying to fit in little holes in my room just to hide.
"Fahad look at your size and look at the space! How on earth are you going to fit in that peep?" I hissed
"Well Einstein here has obviously thought of a space to hide me" he back fired "and did you just call me fat?"
"Does it look like I use gel to spike up me hair?" I asked sarcastically pointing to my straight hair. I didn't have time to answer his question about being fat. Only a person with think glasses and head will think Fahad is fat.

"I think you should climb down the window" I suggested to Fahad and he gave me this look.
"This is no Rapunzel Zara" He commented with a frightened look. As every second went by, my panic rose. I don't know if straining my eyes will make it look like I'm giving him the puppy dog eyes, but I tried anyways which made him sigh and look at the window. I feel so bad for him, making him do something he doesn't want to do. He strolled towards the window and tried to open the handle.
"This damn thing won't open!" He whispered harshly with gritted teeth using so much force on the handle. I went towards the window and helped him open it but it just won't open!
"Why do I have a feeling Maliha put superglue on the handle?" I rhetorically asked Fahad. But guess what, he had to answer my question.
"Because she did?" He asked back confusingly.

I don't know if it's because of me being on my period, but I got so angry at this that it made the window slam open.
"Do you have any idea, if my mum finds you in here, what would happen to you and me?!" I exclaimed at the most lowest and quietest voice humanly possible. He just gave me a bewildered look.

And that is how, I convinced Fahad Abid to climb down my bedroom window... like a slug. I just hope my parents don't look at the window-

"Zara, what are you doing up so late? And why are you near the window?" My mum bombarded me with questions which made me yelp and turn around to face her.
"Uh.. I c-couldn't go to um.. sleep so I thought I sh-should have some f-fresh air" I stuttered which was so stupid of me because she was giving me the Are-you-lying look and my heart beat picked up furiously. Can this day get any worse? I quickly shut the window and walked towards my bed.
"So where were you mama?" I asked trying to change the subject
"I went to the Abids'" she replied simply and I nodded my head.
"Who's shirt is that?" she asked staring at my shirt. I looked down at Fahad's shirt and gulped down my dry spit. Oh shit! How did I not even notice that I was still wearing his shirt?! Think Zara think.. What shall I say to mum??
"Um.. Don't you r-remember mama, Syreena gave it to me for my birthday" I answered trying to sound brave. She came towards me and started inspecting my shirt
"It looks loose" she commented, still staring at it. I laughed nervously
"She must have gotten the wrong size by mistake" I said and she nodded her head. If my ribcage was a window, then my heart would've leaped out of it. My heart beat was that erratic.
"Why did you come late from school?" She asked giving me the suspicious look
"Oh me and Anonna went to um.. An after school revision class" I lied hoping she'd believe it.
"Next ti-" she got cut off with a loud thump sound coming from the window and my first thought was, Fahad.
"What was that?" My mum asked looking towards the window. Why god why? Why are you doing this to me??
"My new ringtone?" I said questioning myself. What am I saying?
"Huh?"
"For my a-alarm" I stuttered again pointing to my phone on the bedside table.
"Why do you need an alarm at this time?" She asked but started walking towards the window slowly. I stood up immediately. What if she sees Fahad? and why do I even have an alarm at this time?
"You're the one that tells me to set a time to sleep so I have the alarm to inform me when to sleep" I spoke a bunch of lies. That is so stupid! Who thinks of that or worst of all, who even does that. She ignored me and started opening the window to look through.