" Semplicemente non mi delude," He says hanging up the phone. "I'm sorry, business you see."

I smile "It's fine. I just wanted to say a proper hello that's all."

He stands up straightening his suit " Well then give me an abbraccio."

I stand up giving him an awkward hug. He puts his hands on my shoulders and takes a look at me.

"You've grown to be quite a woman. I heard you just couldn't stop fighting with the others" He says smiling

"It's not my fault they couldn't handle me."I shrug my shoulders

He chuckles, walking over to his desk to lighting a cigar "That's very true. Well, tesoro I have quite a busy night ahead of me. You should get some rest. I'm sure the trip must have been exhausting."

I could feel he was trying to get rid of me already but I was at least going to try "If you don't mind I would like to tag along. I mean after all I will have to learn this business eventually." I say with a bit too much confidence.

"Not today, Cara." he says sitting back down at his desk

I nod as if he can see me "Alright, Bounanotte,"I say exiting his office. I decide to look for Adriana because I need some excitement right now. I was far from tired all I wanted was to have fun and party in my home town. I walk upstairs into my room. It looks clean and modest. It still had a light pink wallpaper and stuff animals. I open my nightstand and see a couple of trinkets that I somewhat remember from my childhood. I move things around and a this gold ring catches my eye. I could I have forgotten about that ring.

When I was about 11 there was this boy named Angelo. I practically grew up with him, he was like my best friend. His father and my father were very close at the time. Sometimes we would play outside in the garden or play hide and seek in the secret passages through the house.

One day he found the beautiful rose ring and gave it to me saying "Every time you see this ring, you will think of me." he slipped the ring on my finger and thought it was a bit big I loved it as a naive little girl with a crush. One afternoon both our fathers got into a fight and they left, I never got to see him again. Every time I would ask about the boy my father would scold me to never speak of that family again, so I never did.

I put the gold ring on and it fit like a glove. I stare at it until I am snapped back to reality when I hear my door open.

"Okay get ready cause us bitches are getting out of this boring house." Adriana goes straight to my closet

"And where are we going to go?" I ask laying on my bed

"Well Giovanni has some business to do at the club and I thought we could tag along." she throws me a black spaghetti strap dress and a pair of black strappy heels.

"This is the most mafia outfit, Adri. All black." I say narrowing my eyes at her

She glances at me and rolls her eyes "Bitch your father is a Don. Do you think you came back to a normal family? Now stop complaining and put that shit on," She picks something for herself.

I grab the clothes and head to the bathroom to change.

"So whats with you and Giovanni?" I smirk teasing her

Giovanni is my very close cousin and every since I be came friends with Adriana, they always had a thing even as kids.

"WHat? Nothing," she scoffs