And Beam had kept true to his word. At first. The two of them walked into the hospital, with Beam holding a basket of fruit that he insisted on buying on the way there. Kit was gaining a tiny bit of confidence with Beam beside him, thinking that this reunion with Ming might not be too disastrous. But just when they got off the elevator on the floor of Ming's room, Beam suddenly got a call from Forth. Who seemed to have some issues with his motorcycle and needed Beam to come pick him up. ASAP. Beam, seemingly annoyed at Forth's demand but worried all the same, agreed to go that very instant.

I'll go with you! Kit desperately pleaded as he clung on to Beam's arm. Beam just patted Kit on the shoulder and dumped the fruit basket into Kit's arms, telling Kit that since they were already in the hospital, Kit might as well just go in by himself. And he hastily assured a speechless Kit that he would come back as soon as he can. Right when Kit was about to voice his disapproval, Yo, who had just stepped out of Ming's room, coincidentally ran into Beam and Kit.

"Kit! Beam!" Yo excitedly exclaimed, looking extremely happy to see the two seniors.

Yo explained to Kit and Beam that he needed to run a quick errand right now and that it would be great if the two of them could keep Ming company while he was out. Wonderful! Kit was just about to go in, Beam happily volunteered Kit (without his permission). And before Kit could refuse, the two pushed and shoved Kit down the hallway and into the room.

"Ming, look who's here to see you?" Beam sang cheerfully.

"Kit offered to keep you company while we take care of some business. We'll be back soon!" Yo chimed in.

And with that, the two promptly left the room, shutting the door close before Kit could stop them.

"Hi! Feel free to sit in the chair," Ming welcomed Kit, who was still standing awkwardly and staring at the closed door in panic.

Jumping a little at the sound of Ming's voice, Kit hesitantly looked back at Ming, who was smiling brightly at Kit. Kit froze. This was so not happening right now. His mind went blank.

"Kit, right? Thanks for keeping me company. I'm slowly losing my mind staying here by myself so I truly appreciate your company," Ming said, with a friendly grin.

Act natural, Kit, NATURAL! Now was really not the time to have a mental breakdown. Forcing his unyielding legs to walk over, Kit carefully seated himself in front of Ming. He dared another look at Ming and even in the midst of all his shock, he noticed that Ming looked a lot better than when he last saw him. Which was a huge relief and eased some of the worry that Kit had developed over the past couple of weeks.

"How much longer do you have to stay in the hospital?" Kit asked, trying to start out a casual conversation.

"A few more days," Ming replied. "But then I'll need about a month of bed rest until I fully recover."

Upon saying his last statement, Ming scrunched up his face in displeasure, and Kit couldn't suppress a small smile at that.