Chapter 43

It was now a chilly December in New York. It had already snowed about 12 times and I don't think my body can handle any more cold breezes while walking to classes.

This past month had flown by with Dylan getting a contract with a managing company for MTV, me getting a record label with Capitol Records and more potential 1D drama in the works.

Niall had publicly dumped Charlie, which was surprising and quite relieving to hear. He also had promised to quit drinking as much. But scariest thing was when Ariel, Lauren and I were watching an interview and Niall made it very clear that he was going to get me back. He even called Dylan out. Yikes.

Truthfully, I hate conflict and I don't want to get hurt anymore than I already have. Sure, part of me is drawn to Niall. I loved being in a relationship with him but I feel comfort in my relationship Dylan, and I don't think I could live without him in my life.

Back to my record deal, I have never been more excited in my entire life. My life is going to change forever and I can't wait. Dylan and I have decided to transfer to California next year along with Tyler and Lauren so that we can learn and work. So exciting! As for Ariel, she promises to start up her own Belly fanclub in New York.

I was currently sitting in Vocal Performance with Dr. Pomfret and she was talking about some Winter Recital we had to perform in.

"Ok, so here are the rules. Its sort of a competition, isn't that fun? You have to find a partner, not in this class..." Great so it can't be Ariel.

She continued, "You all have to either arrange the music or play an instrument or both." Easy enough.

"The best musically driven, heart wrenching performance- the winning duo- gets to be featured in ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE. How exciting is that?"

Holy shit. I knew right then and there I was going to win.

"Here's the catch. You have 1 week to prepare." The bell rang and the class shot out of their seats in panic.

I looked to Ariel. "One week?!?! Is she trying to kill us?"

She flounced her hair up and down. "No biggy, we all know that we are the two best singers here. Who are you going to duet with?"

"Hmm. I don't know, I might ask Tyler. Since he can play guitar and all." I tapped my chin.

"Too late, I already texted him during class and we are singing Beneath Your Beautiful." She smirked and crinkled her nose at me in triumph.

I scoffed. "No fair!"

"Go ask the boy-frand. He can play too you know!" She blew me a kiss and strutted off.

As much as I wanted to, I knew Dylan wasn't comfortable with playing and singing in public. Oh well, I'd at least ask him. No harm in that.

I shot him a text and decided to post a YouTube video. Oh, and my YouTube channel was pretty huge now. My fans called themselves Jelly Bellys which was pretty cute. Although, Louis tweeted one day saying that he was responsible for the name. Weirdo.

I entered my empty room and grabbed my camera. Setting up my tripod, I heard a knock on the door.

knock. knock. knock. "Girlfriend." knock. knock. knock. "Babe."

knock. knock. knock. "sweetheart"

Dylan poked his head around the now slightly opened door. He had that goofy little smirky smile plastered on his face. He strided over to me.

"I'll never get used to your knocking, Babe." I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Quickly ending the kiss, I got back to setting up my tripod.