Preview

Those eyes felt familiar, but not the face. Queen Cecilya has the same pair of steel grey eyes. The only difference was that the prince's eyes had a kind of spark to it along with warmth that the queen lacks.

The guards that held us bowed before the king raising their clenched fists to their chest and thumping it twice.

"Bow down" the guard holding me hissed.

I was expected to bow too. I see.

I didn't move or bend an inch. I held my head high which was a pretty idiotic and useless move because the next thing I know is my head forcibly pushed down to bow.

I glanced at Selena who was bowing too. I guess I am the only idiot here.

The prince nodded in acknowledgement.

"There's no need to bow ladies. For bowing to a person is a show of respect." Announced the prince getting up from his seat. He walked towards us. "Forcing you to bow does not in anyway show respect" he said staring at me.

"Heard that idiot now shove those filthy hands off my hair or you might not have a hand 'to show respect' even" I hissed at the guard near me.

"You filthy brat. How dare you threaten me?" The guard hissed.

"What is so important to discuss that couldn't wait ?" Barked the prince. He narrowed his eyes at us and strode towards me.

"My lord this brat was threatening to chop off my hands right here." Said the guard in a bleak tone. Intimidated by the prince probably.

I kicked the guard in his shin. He let out an 'oomph'

"Oh is it ? Then why pray are you still being held captive?" Mocked the prince, raising his eyebrows and stroking his non existing beard.

I eyed Selena hoping she understood what I was going to do.

I clasped both my hands together and locked them. Before anyone could comprehend what my next move would be, I used my clasped hands and in one swift motion elbowed the guard to the right of me on his stomach. As he stumbled back I put my foot forward causing him to stumble and fall. I grabbed his sword before he fell.

At the same time I bashed my head with the guard standing to my right.

I felt a blast of pain in my head. The throbbing that had subsided a few minutes ago came back in full force. Double the pain it was before. I bit my lip to prevent me from crying out loud and distract me from the throbbing in my head. I could feel a substance oozing out of my lip.

Blood.

I brought my knees up dealt a blow on his stomach. He clutched his stomach with one hand and punched my face with the other. I felt a sharp pain in my jaws and left cheek. Probably swollen. I did a roundabout kick and hurled him behind the other guards at the back.

_______END OF PREVIEW_____________