Hope

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Seven:

Hope

After Brooke had showered she dressed in one of her black short night dresses and retreated to Godric's bed. Before they left her house he packed a small bag of her clothes; enough to sleep in and change into the next morning.

Brooke watched as the door opened and Godric entered the room with a tall glass of chilled water. He smiled and sat at the edge of the bed and placed the glass on the bed side drawer and Brooke instantly felt at ease although many questions were forming in her mind.

"He is a part of the nest. He will be dealt with. He will never hurt you again." Godric answered her questions before she could ask them.

"Is he the one responsible for the girls' disappearances?"

"I'm afraid so." Godric replied grimly. He could still see the shock on Brooke's face and he felt responsible for the fresh coat of pain he saw on her face.

"How am I still alive? I swear I was definitely dead. I even saw my mother and even I know vampires can't bring humans back from the dead."

Her mother was surrounded by light and was guiding Brooke from the darkness. Her mother was even more beautiful than she remembered.

Brooke remembered most of the night but there was a chunk where her memory was hazy. Drinking from Godric's wrist fell into that chunk of time. She remembered hearing Zander rip out a piece of her throat and seeing her mother than she was standing to her feet with Godric's help.

"We revived you and I fed you some of my blood which healed you."

Godric watched as many emotions washed over her face and she fought back the tears that threatened to escape.

"Your blood isn't going to do anything to me is it?" Brooke had heard a ton of stories that vampire blood could make a person go crazy; with them ending up jumping in front of cars or smashing their heads against anything hard until their brain was oozing out of their skull and onto the floor.

"At the most you will feel a slight addiction although you don't seem to be going through withdrawal so you will be fine."

"So were you just in the neighbourhood?" Brooke asked as she forced the tears back.

Godric smirked, "I was worried for your safety after Stan announced your immunity to his compulsion at the bar."

"You had me watched?" Brooke was feeling violated, angry, relieved and grateful all at the same time.

Godric had been protecting her and she felt hope. That Godric felt the same way she did.

"Yes I did and if I felt your life was in danger I would do it again."

"Why? Why did you guard me and save my life?" Brooke asked. She didn't think she could mean anything to a vampire, well other than a source of food. Plus she hadn't heard anything from him in a week and she was hoping to hear good news.

Godric didn't really know the answer to that question. Part of him saved her because of her gift and part of him saved her because he felt something towards her, a certain pull and longing; she was magnetic.