Girl talk

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Four

Girl Talk

"How'd it go? I want all the details." Iris demanded as soon as Brooke stepped through the front door.

"Come sit with me and I'll tell you everything." Brooke replied as she stepped onto the small porch and took a seat on the three seater swing chair; Brooke's favourite piece of furniture and Iris followed closely behind.

"Okay well hurry up. I'm dying here." Iris demanded as she grabbed her pack of cigarettes from her jean pocket.

"There's not much to tell. The vampire is named Godric and it was the guy from the hotel bar and he fed on me and I found out that my ability only works on vampires when I'm touching them, but I can't read their thoughts which I guess is a good thing."

"You guess?" Iris raised an eyebrow. She had many questions to ask. "Was he cuter up close?" Iris added before she lit up her cigarette and inhaled the toxins. Iris hadn't gotten a very good look at him because she was busy checking out a guy of her own who was sitting a few seats down.

Godric's face flashed in Brooke's mind and it brought a smile to her lips; cute was an understatement.

"Well I wouldn't have minded being able to hear his thoughts and he's even more attractive up close and personal."

"Like your nerdy attractive or are we talking sexy abs, broad shoulders and arms the size of my head?" Iris giggled before she exhaled the smoke in the shape of circles.

"Hey! I don't just like nerdy looking guys," Brooke scoffed and gently nudged Iris with her elbow. "And he was wearing clothes so I don't know about the abs thing and he doesn't look any older than 18 and he's not nerdy hot either."

"So . . ." Iris's smile turned into a huge grin and Brooke knew what she was about to ask without having to read her mind, "How was it losing your fang virginity?" Iris continued.

"Well he was really nice about it and gentle." Brooke smirked and felt her cheeks flush red.

Iris couldn't help but giggle, "Well well well. It looks like my little girl is growing up," Iris teased. "I'm so proud." Iris added before inhaling more of her cigarette.

"Weren't you worried? Didn't you think he could have killed you?" Brooke asked. They had only been in Dallas for a few nights when Iris came home the morning after bragging about her night with a vampire.

"I was too drunk to care." Iris laughed.

"You're such a skank," Brooke teased and laughed before her thoughts focussed on Godric again. She was trying to figure out why she felt so connected to him. She thought it may have been because of him feeding on her at the same time she connected with him mentally through her ability. Although she wasn't sure; the only thing she knew was that she needed to see him again.

"So . . . Do you like him?" Iris inhaled more cigarette smoke and looked at Brooke eagerly. She loved hearing gossip although sadly Brooke rarely had any to give.

"I only met him tonight." Brooke reminded her.

"Oh come on you're so passionate and a little obsessive. Remember Bobby your fifth grade boyfriend; after three days you said you were in love." Iris giggled and avoided bringing up Todd's name. Brooke fell for him quick and hard and that ended in disaster.

"I was ten years old." Brooke laughed at the thought.

"Well? Are you going to dodge my question or answer it?" Iris's crystal blue eyes waited eagerly for Brooke's response.

"Well he's cute and we connected in a non-sexual way but he basically kicked me out so I don't think I'll be called on again." Brooke tired not to sound too disappointed.

"You totally love him!" Iris chuckled as she tied her long blonde hair in a ponytail.

"Love no I mean he's hot but there are plenty more fish in the sea," Brooke tried to sound hopeful but she was starting to wonder if life would be easier without men. "Speaking of fish how was your first date with Ryan?" Brooke added.

"It was great. He's so funny and cute and amazing. I'm so glad I called him." Iris spoke excitedly as she gestured with her hands.

When Brooke first found out Ryan was twelve years Iris's senior she was worried until she reminded herself that Iris was strong and never let anyone push her around.

"Speaking of don't you have another date in ten minutes?" Brooke asked after she checked the time on her Apple iPhone.

Iris immediately stood to her feet, "Shit I need to leave but we will continue this later. I promise." Iris leaned down and hugged Brooke goodbye.

"Okay have fun and be careful." Brooke smiled. In the last week 6 girls had gone missing. Everyone was blaming vampires although no one knew for sure, but it was causing rallies for the vampire's extinction all throughout Dallas.

"I always do; I'll call you when I get to the movies before I turn off my phone." Iris smirked before she got into her car which was parked beside Brooke's.

Brooke waved as Iris reversed onto the street and drove by the house and Brooke relaxed back in the seat thinking about her short time with Godric and the missing girls; they were all young and a couple even worked at the hotel.

___________________________________________________________

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

VOTE.................COMMENT................. FAN................. ADD TO LIBRARY

XOX