Young & Clueless

If there was one thing that Ambar loved the more than her friends, it was how much their children got along together. It was always an adorable sight seeing them running around whoever's house together, or playing with toys together. It melted her heart.

This time, however, was very unexpectant. They had all gone to Gaston and Nina's house for a barbecue. Luna and Matteo revealed to everyone that they were expecting their second child. And their four-year-old daughter Aurora went around to literally everyone saying it was going to be a girl, even though they had no clue the gender yet. It was still adorable for her to be so excited.

All the little kids played hide and go seek while their parents chatted. Ambar and Simon's own four-year-old son Adrian started out and quickly backed out of being it. All the other children followed after, being very slow paced. Karen, Gaston and Nina's daughter was last and crossed her arms all pouty like all children do when they are it.

She began counting and everyone else scurried off. Aurora was trying her best to run away, but couldn't find a good enough space. Adrian grabbed her hand and pulled her with him, running as fast as they could. They ran all the way to the side of the house, behind a hedge. All their parents could see and giggled adoringly. So did Aurora, but Adrian shushed her (very loudly) so they couldn't be found.

While they were waiting, they got super impatient and frustrated. It had only been two minutes, but it felt like hours to them. Out of the blue, Adrian tapped her shoulder and loudly whispered. "Rory." She turns her head toward him. "What?" she asks with an attitude.

Suddenly the little boy pecks her lips for half a second. The next thing you know, he's sprinting away from her inside the house. She stays sitting with her little mouth hanging open in shock, and every single parent is looking over at her in surprise.

Simon goes inside to check on Adrian and where he went. It takes Aurora a few seconds to readjust. She walks over subconsciously to the sandbox, where the two-year-olds were playing and sits and watches them, no emotion in her face. Just staring at the toddlers as they throw sand at each other.

At the grown ups table, Luna furrows her eyebrows in her daughter's direction and looks back at Ámbar. "What was that little scene that just happened?" She asks Ámbar. She shrugs her shoulders and looks at the little girl with Luna, "I don't know where he got it from but, maybe he has his first crush."

Matteo sits up from his chair a little straighter, "They're children. They're too young." he points out. Ambar only manages to giggle at him. "Yes, they are very little but you are never too young to have feelings." Luna and Matteo look at each other suspiciously and continue to carefully watch Aurora in the short distance.

Simon finds his son upstairs in the children's play room, racing to cars down the craft table. He walks over and crouches down to his level. "Hey. What's going on?" he asked the boy. Adrian looks up at him and shrugs. "Nothing." is all he says. Simon tilts his head in confusion. "You kissed Aurora." Simon simply says. Adrian continues racing the cars around the rims. "Yeah." the boy says. Simon chuckles at his response and shakes his head. "And? Why did you do that? And why did you run away?" 

Adrian finally looks up at him and sighs. "Because I think she's pretty." He whines. "I didn't want to see her after." Simon smiles at his son, who just had his first kiss. He never expected so soon to have to go through this, but he was. And at least he could talk about it in simpler terms. 

"So, you think she's pretty?" he asks his son. The boy nods shyly and doesn't look up at him. "She's very pretty. Just like a princess. I want to marry a princess, I want to marry her." 

He looks at Adrian in pure awe and giggles. "Maybe one day, Adrian. Maybe one day."

-

11 years later