15: Old Friend

Celeste

The Spring Fest went well. It was the topic of most students for the past week. They couldn't get over it and they all awaited for the next ball, the Autumn Formal. It will be held in a different venue with a different theme. They say each ball gets better and better.

"Sis, c'mon!" Matt yells.

"Yes!" I shouted in reply, slinging my bag over my shoulder and rushing down the stairs. I grabbed an apple and bit into it before scrunching my nose in distaste. It's a bit... rotten.

And I was reminded of something. Dad's funeral. We had it yesterday. It was an event I didn't want to recall anymore as it only brings me a bitter feeling.

How could God be so cruel to take him away?

I could say that I haven't been myself ever since his death. Everyone around me noticed, but chose to keep quiet about it. They simply didn't want to add fuel to the fire.

Matt has been my emotional support. My shoulder to cry on. It's unfair for him. I know he's also hurting. He's trying to be strong for the both of us. And I'm really thankful for that.

Nick decided that he truly likes Ava and the only feelings he has left for me is a measly crush. Other than that, he sees me as a friend. But he does tend to tease me when Jaxon is there. He likes seeing his friend annoyed.

Zane has been one of my closest friend. That boy has a special place in my heart. Second to Matt, he's the person I run to when I need someone to talk to. We're becoming closer everyday. He's really sweet and caring. Just like a brother.

And Jaxon. He asks me how I am everyday. He tries to distract me from... my problems. It doesn't work all the time, but I really appreciate the effort.

The two girls I love are still the girls I love. Ava and Nick have been flirting everyday. As much as I'm happy seeing them happy, it's a bit too much. Imagine seeing a flirting pair everyday. Angela and Histon are still very close. They got closer actually. He's her strength. He's one of the only people she trusts.

"Have a great day, Cel." Matt says, kissing my forehead as he unlocks the door. I got off and thanked him before entering the school.

"Morning, love!" I heard a British lad greet me.

"Morning, Zane." I attempted to smile back at him.

"Let me help," he says, grabbing the pile of books I took out from my locker as he walks with me to my class.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

He pulls the chair out for me and I sat down. He sits beside me and rests his chin on his hand, which was propped up by his elbow.

"Ah, before I forget," he trails off, looking for something in his bag.

He proudly takes out a bar of chocolate, handing it to me. "You love sweets, right? I thought this might cheer you up a bit." He sweetly states, blushing a bit.

"You're really sweet, aren't you?" I laughed, thanking him as I opened the package and took a bite. I offered some to him, but he shakes his head, saying he already ate some at home.

"It's so early and two lovebirds are already at it." Ave says in a bored tone.

Zane laughs and slings an arm over my shoulder. "Us? We're just friends." He says, shaking his head.