06: Took You Long Enough

Celeste

The days have been flying by quickly. It was now Saturday. I'm packing my things for the beach. It's quite cloudly today, so that means it won't be as hot as usual. I grabbed my beach bag and slipped on my sandals. I grabbed my sunglasses and slipped it on.

Zane started yelling for me to hurry up, causing me to almost lose my balance. Geez, what an impatient kid. I gripped the doorknob and twisted it, pulling the door open. I stepped out of the house, shouting a quick goodbye to my brother.

I rushed down the stairs and opened the door of Zane's car, hopping in. "Took you long enough," Ava says, rolling her eyes at me.

"I bet you took longer, hence why you all are an hour late." I smirked once I see her flushed face. Zane, Jaxon, and Nick gives me a wave of a hand as a greeting.

We headed towards the closest yet the most unpopulated beach I know, Black Shore. Sounds creepy, right? It's because the sand is black and at night, everything is pitch black. It's a very clean and nice place though.

"We have now arrived at our destination." Nick announces, mocking a flight attendant. I just shook my head at his antics and got off the car. Like usual, there was no one here, which was a great thing because we get the place to ourselves.

"This is sick, lads! The sand is so dark!" Zane says with much enthusiasm. I smiled, glad that he found a thing to be excited about in this city. It has barely been a week since they got here.

"It's said that a woman once commited suicide here. At least once a month, she surfaces from the depths of the sea and drags a person down to hell with her; usually a male, since the reason why she decided to kill herself was because a man cheated on her and married another woman. It's just an old urban legend though, you don't have to believe it." Ava said with a laugh.

Nick looked slightly horrified, while the two other boys decided to take a dip in the beach. "Hey, I hate scary stuff!" Nick whines, pouting at Ava.

He removes his shirt, leaving him in his trunks only. Jaxon went into the water wearing his shirt and his trunks. The wet shirt clung onto his fit physique like glue. His abs were outlined by the shirt perfectly and his biceps were showing. Zane decided to slip his shirt off and he tossed it onto the sand.

"Ah... I can smell the fresh sea breeze!" I mused, closing my eyes and spreading my arms out. It was so relaxing. I sat on the black sand and stretched my legs out. I applied sunblock on my skin, not wanting to become too tanned.

"Cel, we're here to swim, not to sleep!" Ava complained, trying to drag me into the beach. I groaned, digging the heel of my foot onto the sand.

"Nick, Jax, help me!" Ava yells.

I opened my eyes as I felt two pairs of strong arms holding me up. I shrieked and trashed around. "This is unfair! I've been wanting to unwind and you guys are doing this to me?!" I scream, my eyes widening as we approached the water.

Jaxon gave Nick a devilish smile before nodding at each other. Before I could even react, they dropped me into the water, laughing hard. I spluttered out the salty water than got into my mouth, glaring at the two boys and Ava.

"You two are so... ugh!" I shouted, frowning.

"Now now, let's calm down. Don't worry, you still look beautiful." Zane says, flirting a little with me. I felt my face heat up as I blinked a few times.

"Uh... Thank you?" I unsurely said.

Zane chuckles, patting my head gently before swimming off. Ava was wiggling her eyebrows, a huge grin plastered on her lips. Jaxon was frowning, his eyebrows furrowed together.