07: I Now Have A Boyfriend

Celeste

It's raining today. Scratch that, there's probably a storm or typhoon here. It's been pouring nonstop since last night and I'm trying to find a way to get to school. Matt won't be going to his university because there is a special event held.

Mom left for the hospital an hour ago. Dad hasn't woken up yet. I'm losing hope that he will. I got dressed and did my makeup minutes ago. I looked out the window, seeing the trees sway slightly as the strong wind blows.

Why don't they just cancel our classes? It'll make life easier for both me and them.

I trudged into my brother's room, knocking twice. I heard a grunt and I took it as a signal to enter. "Dearest brother, please drive me to school." I said, pleading with my eyes. Only a few months left before I get my own license.

"Cel, you have the worst timing. Here I was planning to relax and you come barging in, asking for a ride." My brother sighs, narrowing his eyes at me.

I sheepishly smiled, rocking back and forth on the heels of my feet. He stares for a few more seconds before nodding. "Fine, only because it's raining like hell," he gives in with a small smile.

I grinned and nodded, rushing out into the garage. Lucky, our Golden Retriever, followed me out, his tail wagging. I bent down and rubbed his ear, saying a quick 'bye'. I waited for Matt to open the door, since he has the car keys. I got into the passenger seat and we drove off. The rain was so hard to the point of making our view blurry. There were too much raindrops and I could barely see what was in front of me.

Matt dropped me off in front of the gates so that I wouldn't get wet. "Thanks, Matt. You're the best. Drive back safely alright?" I tell him, my voice stern and firm.

He rolls his eyes and nods. "Yeah yeah. See you later," he says before driving home.

I entered the school, dropping by my locker to take some books out. "Morning." I heard a familiar deep voice greet me.

I turned around, plastering a smile onto my face. "Ah, good morning. About last Saturday... I'm sorry for being so snappy. It wasn't nice of me to act like that." I apologized, wanting to move on from the little incident and instead become better friends with him.

"It wasn't your fault. You had every right to be hostile towards me. I should be the one apologizing. I'm really sorry, Celeste. I hope you can forgive me," he sincerely spoke.

"I forgive you," I mumbled before quickly walking away.

"Celeste, my love!" I heard Angela shriek.

I yelped as I felt her stick to me like glue. "A-Ange, what are you doing?" I squeaked. She laughed, pulling away. Her dark eyes shone brighter than any other days. She had a certain glow today. I just can't point it out...

"Guess what?" She asks excitedly.

I smile, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"I now have a boyfriend," she sang happily. Oh, she now has a- wait what?! She has a boyfrined?! Since when? Wasn't Histon courting her? Unless...

"I said yes to Histon!" She yells, bouncing up and down, taking hold of my pale hands.

"I'm happy for you! I'm sure he'll be able to make you happy!" I laughed, hugging her. She giggles cutely, hugging back. Wow... How come she never told me until today?