09.5: Nick's Life (Special Chapter)

Nick

Ava's right beside me right now. If only I could date her... Knowing myself, I always end a relationship after a few weeks. I'm sure I'll hurt her in the end.

"Ave, have you ever had a boyfriend?" I asked her, turning my head to look at her beautiful face. She nods her head with a smile. A sad smile.

"Yeah. I loved him. He left me for an older woman though. That was my one and only relationship with a man. Anyway, I couldn't fully move on because I want to know why he left me. Was I not pretty enough? Was I not intimate enough?" She says, her eyes casted down on her hands.

My heart throbbed as I heard her utter those words. No girl deserves to feel those unwanted feelings. Especially not Ava.

"He probably couldn't take your perfection." I suggest with a smile. She just laughs a fake laugh.

"Ava, want to go out with me this weekend?" A guy walks up to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. I saw Celeste frowning as she moves closer to Ava.

"I'm busy, sorry." She shortly replies.

"C'mon, it's gonna be fun." The guy insisted.

Celeste pulls on the guy's jacket. "She said no." Celeste softly tells him, crossing her arms. The guy rolls his eyes and leaves, purposely shoving Celeste back with his shoulder.

"Cel, you're the cutest friend ever!" Ava squeals, hugging Celeste tightly. How I wish I was Celeste right now. Ava's hug must feel amazing.

"You're too pretty." Celeste mumbles.

True, true.

"And you're really nice." Celeste adds.

Yes, that's right. Celeste understands me well.

Ava stands and goes to the restroom, so I took this opportunity to ask for a favor from Celeste.

"Celeste, I have a request." I told her. Celeste looks up in confusion and tilts her head to the side, urging me to continue my sentence.

"Come with me to the carnival tomorrow." I said. That way, I can ask her more about Ava. She knows her friend the best. I could ask Angela, but she's already with Histon. Jaxon won't misunderstand, right?

Her eyes moves away from me and she contemplates whether or not she should agree. "I guess I can go. Is it only the two of us?" She asks innocently.

I nodded. "Yeah. That's cool with you?" I asked, just to make sure that she won't feel awkward or uncomfortable.

She hesitantly nods. "Yeah. I'm fine with it."

Ava returns and plops back onto her seat. We continued talking about random things, laughing and having a good time. I'll be honest; Celeste makes my heart jump whenever she smiles or does gentle actions, but Ava makes my heart explode and flutter whenever I see her.

School passed by in an instant and I went home. Dad was at home and mom was out with her friends. "Nick, what do you want for dinner?" Dad asked. He can cook quite well if you ask me.

"Anything is fine. Maybe pasta?" I suggest.

Dad smiles and nods. "Roger that."

I chuckled and trudged up the stairs, opening the door of my room. I dropped my bag onto the floor and took out my phone. I have quite a lot of things to do, but who cares? That can be done later at night. It's not like the teachers actually care.

Hm? Melissa and Jack are together now? Hm, so many couples are getting together. I should get a girl already. If Ava doesn't agree to go out with me, then who should I pick to be my girlfriend?