Original Edition: Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

My father knew something was bugging me. He gently put his hand over mine and asked, "is something amiss, my dear?"

Another flash of lightning lit the room and I bit my lip, trying to force slow and even breaths. I could never lie to my father (which was probably the reason why I was such a bad liar on earth) so I decided to come clean.

"Papa, I remembered things from my life as Avery Montgomery." I swallowed convulsively. "So many questions were answered once I regained my memory but there is one question that was left unanswered."

He smiled fondly. "It's about Adrian, isn't it?" As always, he knew exactly what was on my mind even without having a soulmate bond. Perhaps what others said was right, parents always knew what was on their children's minds.

I nodded. "I don't understand why I was able to read his mind yet he couldn't read mine."

"It's because he wasn't your soulmate," he answered, his expression remaining unchanged. "Vladimir was your soulmate." He tilted his head to the right and added, "still is, I assume, since you're still attached to him."

My cheeks felt hot. Since I regained my memory yesterday, Vladimir was practically in my mind twenty-four seven.

"His soul, Vladimir's, is your other half. However, his body isn't."

I frowned. "What?"

"The soul was supposed to be inside Adrian's body, that was the reason why you were so attracted to him. It was nearly impossible for you to resist him, wasn't it?"

Again, I nodded while implicitly hoping he'd continue.

"When your other half was reincarnated, the body wasn't ready although the soul was, just like what happened with your previous life as Isabelle Stavros more than two hundred years ago." He flicked his hand and two glasses of wine appeared on the table. "You were able to read both Icarus Christoulakis and Jonathon Chance but only Icarus was able to read your mind."

My father grabbed one glass and took a drink. I followed him and did the same, knowing fully well that I'd need something stronger to help me get through this.

"You were promised to marry Icarus but you ran away with Jonathon one week before the wedding. You were going to be punished for the betrayal that you'd done but I'd saved you." He took another sip and let out a deep sigh. "I had a small fight with Zeus because of that." A sardonic smile appeared on his face. "He told me not to mess with the Children of the Moon but you were the only one left. I've lost all my children and I couldn't risk losing you."

The more he talked, the more confused I became. "How did it happen? How could a body and a soul be separated by time?"

"It was a curse." He stood and began to pace around the room. "Are you aware of what I did to Persephone?"

"Yes." I nodded. After all, I'd learned Greek myth in high school. "It was said that you kidnapped her."

"That's true." My father chuckled. "It was love at first sight. I had to have her." For a split second, he looked like a teenage boy in love, not the Lord of the Underworld. "Some people wrote that Zeus had given me the permission and it was true. He had," his expression turned sour and I knew something bad happened, "until he took back his promise. He told me that I was a monster, that she was my niece and I wasn't supposed to fall for her."

"But Zeus himself—"

"Yes," my father interrupted, "he married Hera and had a child with Demeter." He smirked as he added, "although I didn't object to the latter since it was the reason my lovely wife was born."

"So did you tell him that he was being a hypocritical asshole?" I asked annoyedly.

My father laughed. "Your spirit as Avery Montgomery still lives deep inside of you. I like that." He moved closer to me and patted my shoulder. "And yes, my dear, I told him exactly that and that was why he made a curse. A curse that my children will be attracted to more than one person, that their hearts yearn for someone while their bodies want to be in someone else's arms."

"It was all because of me." He hung his head. "It was to prove to me that the body wants what it wants, just like his body wanted Hera and Demeter regardless of the fact that they were his sisters. He also wants to punish me for wanting my own niece."

"Papa, I'm so sorry." I hugged him tightly and felt tears running down my cheeks.

"No, don't be."

I pulled back slightly and looked into his eyes. They were as wet as mine. "He has proven it so many times until now. You, my dear, have finally ended the cycle, for you have chosen Vladimir and not Adrian. You've resisted the urge to indulge yourself in Adrian's arms, you've chosen your heart over your body. You've proven him wrong. You're the living proof that what your heart really feels was stronger than what your body wants."

* * *

Yep, so apparently, this chapter was lost hence questions were left unanswered and you all, my angels, were confused.

I hope this chapter will clear it up and explain the reason why Ave/Cam could read both Adrian and Vladimir.

Of course, I'm aware that this chapter is flawed, I intend to edit and reconstruct it once I had the time.

Thank you for being absolute angels and continue to my book! Never in my wildest dream that I imagine having my book read by someone, let alone dozens of people, so THANK YOU for giving my book a chance. ILSYM

Loads of Pizza cos pizza is Love,

Stay blessed,agatha x