PREFACE - Prologue

Summary: In which Hatake Kakashi defies prophecies, reads self-indulgent porn and adjusts to his - er her new life as a daughter of a pompous god. A Naruto and Percy Jackson & The Olympians crossover story. AU.

Disclaimer: Naruto and Percy Jackson and the Olympians are not mine.

-----

PREFACE

-----

Prologue:

- Where Kakashi waits in line and gets special treatment -

-----

Hatake Kakashi is pretty sure he died.

He distinctly remembers getting the brunt of Pein's attack and, as good as he is, Kakashi knows that even he – the copy-nin, master of a thousand techniques – can't possibly survive the sheer intensity of that jutsu.

With this in mind, Kakashi doesn't have a clue as to why or how he woke up unwillingly waiting in line for something he can't fathom with people he doesn't really recognize or know.

He attempted to escape or cut in line but, strangely, his body doesn't heed his command.

In resignation, Kakashi tried asking the people around him for information instead – at least to know what they're waiting for – however; they don't seem to understand his repeated questions and persisted to speak in a language he couldn't discern. For a while, he sought to crack the code to pass the time because the line was slow-going, but Kakashi got fed up with it quickly when he realized that most, more or less, only repeated a sentence or phrase again and again. Without proper context, his new endeavor was quite fruitless and what he learned was pitiful at best.

He still doesn't know what "Fucku" or "Shiet" means.

Since Kakashi can't understand and communicate, he deduces his situation with the use of observation.

From his estimation, it seems like he really is either dead, insane or bad at counting since he'd been able to wait in line for approximately two weeks without the need for food or sleep - a feat that is deemed impossible even with experience and use of chakra. Since Kakashi doesn't fancy the idea of insanity, he decides that he must be in his afterlife. (The 'bad at counting' option shouldn't even be considered because he's Hatake Kakashi for kami's sake and he's not far gone enough to act like an amateur.)

Dubbing his afterlife as the "Pure World" – because that's what other shinobis call the land where souls reside, and if he's not there then where the heck is he?! –, Kakashi personally thinks that his afterlife sucks. He used to think that when he died, he'd get to see the precious people he'd lost, but instead he gets something like this. Fate must have a grudge against him or something.

This idea is reinforced when he reaches the end of the line and is met by a relatively good-looking man that disturbingly reminds him of Orochimaru of the Sannin. With the man's bleached blond hair and tan skin, one wouldn't make the comparison at first glance. However, Kakashi's more discerning than most and can practically feel the inhumanness – the lack of humanity wafting from the creature. It's on par – perhaps even eons above – the mad S-Rank shinobi who made human-experimentation and soul bastardization a living.

"Yo." Kakashi greets casually. "Can I ask why I'm here exactly?"

Surprisingly, the man replies in the same language. "Oh. A foreigner, I see. I haven't seen anyone like you for a long time. Don't you know?" Pausing dramatically, the man continues in a sober manner. "You're dead."