43

Chris
I woke up feeling dark and empty as I used to. Well, I didn't really wake up if I didn't even go to sleep in the first place. Slowly, but weakly, crawling out of this stone cold, and rock hard bed, I lit a cigarette in my mouth and let the smoke flow through the room. Grabbing my writing pad and my pencil. I was struggling to hold the pencil, but managed to write a few lyrics.

There's star in the palm of my hand and I think it's yours
You don't want it then I'll understand, you deserve much more
When I brought it, down from the sky you almost forgot it
It was new back when you gave a damn, whatcha need, I'll go and get it
But if I don't come back, girl, your love was worth it
That's the one thing I know
And if I don't make it back
Girl, remember that, that I said I'd go, baby
Girl, your love is so hard, but it takes me so far
But I don't care I'll go, oh
If I don't make it home, at least now you know
Girl, for you I'll go...

Throwing the book across the room, and letting the pencil roll out of my hand. I squished the cigarette  into nothing and laid back down in the bed with the paper thin covers over my head.

Robyn
After filing a report, and showing the officer the evidence. I met with a lawyer, Mark was his name. Mark Geragos. He was sweet old man. He would help me with this case and with getting Chris out of that asylum. By now it was 9, I was obviously late.. but I called Julius and told him I'd be there by 4 at the latest. I was sitting in this waiting room for almost an hour, texting Mel while I was at it.  I told her everything that was going on, she kept going on about how she can't wait for Kae to be locked up forever.. and for Chris to move in..even though he has a house, 10 times bigger, 100x better than ours. I was interrupted out of my thoughts by mark finally coming out of his office.

Mark: "I'm so sorry, I was dealing with this case.. but hi my name is mark, Mark Geragos.. and you?"

He stuck out his hand and waited for me to shake it. He had on a wide genuine smile.

Me: "it's all good mark, my name is Robyn."

Mark: "well Robyn, come Right in and let's get started shall we?"

Nodding my head, I went in and sat down at the chair across from his. I showed him everything I needed to, told him everything I needed to.. then went on to tell him about Chris' asylum situation..

Mark: "well.. that's.. that's not right at all. Mrs.Robyn we'll get him out of there, you just have to do me a few favors."

I nodded my head as I was listening.

Mark: "I'm going to call a doctor.. are you able to check him out?"

Me: "yes, they allow me only to check him out. I typically just take him around LA to get a breather and hopefully open up about how he is feeling"

Mark: "ok so I'll call a private doctor today, and I'll set up an appointment for Mr.Brown. I'm going to need you to check him out today and him there. I just need them to run a few tests on him. So I can get the information I need.. in printed documents... can you do that for me?"

Me: "yes of course. But will we be able to sort this-"

Mark: "Mrs. Fenty, don't worry. Uncle mark is on the case. I'll get everything under control. kae will be arrested and held for the multiple crimes she has committed, Mr.Brown will be released. And you guys can go back to your normal lives.. trouble free. And if I'm not able to do that.. then my name isn't Mark Geragos"

Making a little More small talk, we exchanged information, I went in for a handshake but he gave me a warm hug before I left. He was cute, like a cute little father. Letting out a breath of relief. I sat in my car and rested my head against the steering wheel. By now it was 12:58