21

"Both of you! Detention!" the Dean shouted as he walked up to the crowd, pointing at the two boys and waving his finger in the air, "See me after school! Now get yourselves fixed up before lunch is over! Stop blocking the hallway!" Everyone dismissed themselves back to lunch, leaving the seven of us alone in the hallway.

I glared at Woojin and pulled Jinyoung away from the rest of them, bringing him to the nurse's office. I pulled out the first aid kit and helped him patch up the small cut on his lips as he kept on groaning, "Ow, that hurts Hyerin. Stop it."

I slapped his thigh hard and glared at him, "Idiot! You didn't have to do that for me." I clicked my tongue while shaking my head, disapprovingly.

"It was worth it," he chuckled as I passed him an ice pack for his bruise, "He deserved it too." I patted his head lightly, "Thank you anyway. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that." but he just smiled as if nothing had happened, "It was my pleasure. I couldn't make you happy and when I saw you this morning, I just felt mad at Woojin so I had to do something."

I smiled lightly as I watched him squeeze the ice bag onto his cheek. And then we heard a knock on the door, I turned around to see Woojin standing in the doorway, "What is it?" I growled at him, standing up from my chair.

"We need to talk," he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, "And I can't wait for another time. We need to talk now." I gulped and looked down at Jinyoung for help but even though he had just fought with Woojin minutes ago, he allowed me to go. I followed Woojin out of the school building to see almost nobody outside.

He grabbed my hand and led me to a hidden corner as I subconsciously lean against the wall. He sighed and looked down at his feet for a moment before looking back up at me, "Hyerin, I'm sorry." I gulped as I waited for what he was going to say next.

"I've been distant from you even though I knew how much support you needed. I was so distracted by the fact that Yoojung had gotten hurt and I didn't pay any attention to you. I never really thought about how you would feel," he looked away to avoid eye contact, "And when I thought Jinyoung was helping you out and making you feel better, I didn't like it. So I tried to make you jealous by hanging out with Yoojung more but the more I did it, the more I felt like I was losing you. I'm really sorry."

"What about the texts?" I blurted as he frowned, totally confused, "What texts? Did you send some?" I pulled out my phone and showed him the texts I sent him as he sighed, "Sorry about that, I didn't have time to update my phone plan so they cut off my service."

I pouted, trying to make myself believe in him but it was hard, "You're ridiculous Woojin, I can't believe I'm actually understanding what you're saying right now." He doesn't say anything but just looked at me in the eye. The silence makes me uncomfortable so I speak up, "B-basically, I can't just forgive you yet."

"Take your time," he smiled, knowing that he was getting somewhere, "I can wait. I waited for two years for you to come back to me, waiting for a few weeks won't be a problem. I just hope we don't lose the friendship we rebuilt."

"Why?" I asked quietly. His eyes widened a little, "What do you mean why?" I looked to the side and gulped, "Why do you still want to be friends with me?" I almost added an apology to the end of that but I stopped myself. He stepped forward a little, making me back up all the way nervously.

"I think it's because," he whispered as he grabbed my hand and pulled out a yogurt drink from his pocket, placing it in my palm, "I want to be more than friends." My heart starting beating fast at his confession. I gulped as silence took over. He lifted his arm up and placed his hand on the wall, moving his body even closer.

I watched as his gaze dropped down and immediately, he placed his lips softly onto mine. I couldn't help as my eyes shut close at his lips brushed gently on mine. I felt like melting on the spot, even a short kiss like that brightened my day.

I could almost hear my own heartbeat when he pulled away, I felt like exploding from what had just happened and Woojin must've felt the same. He groaned as his hand slid down the wall and his other hand covered his mouth. I could see him blinking his eyes a few times while looking up at the sky as if he couldn't believe what just happened.

Even though I felt slightly embarrassed and I was blushing like crazy, I giggled lightly at his reaction. He spun himself around and started pacing in a small circle, muttering to himself, "Oh god, why did I do that? Oh my god. Oh my g-"

I laughed lightly as he stopped and looked at me as if I had just caught him in some act. He turned to me and stuck his arms out, "Can I kiss you again?" My eyes widened at his request and before I could give him a full nod, he strode over and cupped my face, pulling me into another kiss.

This one felt even better, my eyes closed as my hands slid between my body and his. I could feel his heart beat and it was as fast as mine. This time, he moved his lips more as if to explore every little bit of me. Subconsciously, I gave in and kissed him back. I could taste the mint candy that he had right before which made me smile at the thought.

Park Woojin, you liar. You said nothing could make my heart beat faster than that roller coaster but you, clearly just proved your own point false.