Their life wasn't as perfect as it seemed. They were always arguing about silly things. Marrying a woman more powerful than you isn't that easy after all. Liraz looked a lot like her mother, she had her smile, her eyes, her hair color, her everything. The night her mother died in a car accident after a brutal fight with her father, she heard her screaming: "You can lie to yourself all you want, but remember: Every single time you will look at your daughter, it's my face your going to see, my face! I will haunt you until your last pathetic breath. You were nothing but a low-class beggar. Let it be a reminder for what you are. I made you"Liraz had pleasure in calling her father Otets, she knew he hated that, it meant father in russian, and how much he hated that, seing that her mother was Russian. His daughter never failed to make him angry, just like her mother used to.

        She pushed the door of Rousseau's and got in. The mixed aroma of black coffee and fresh baked pancakes  wafted heavily through the cozy café, piercing through the veil of daily murmurs and slow musi. The invigorating odor, bridging the gap of time between childhood memory and present day indulgence, drew Liraz to the counter. She needed donuts more than ever. After smiling to the cashier, she turned on her heels ready to leave. But something caught her attention the second she turned around. She spotted a familiar face: Geek Boy. Unlike the last time she saw him, he was wearing glasses, and his eyes were digging holes in the notebook in front of him, he was sipping on his black coffee repeatedly while his pen tapped nervously against the wooden table. She stopped at his table, slamming the donuts package on top of his  books and faked a friendly smile at his friend whose eyes widened in disbelief.

-" I'm here to talk to your geek friend over here, and I'm sure you don't want to disturb us, so, clear the way" and suddenly, her smile disappeared. She took a seat across from Geek boy as his friend left in a hurry, an unreadable expression on his face. She wasn't sure if he was scared of her, or if he couldn't believe that she was talking to his best friend. She flipped her red hair, dismissing the thought." I didn't catch your name"

-" Because ..I wasn't.. so yeah" he stammered out. "A-Ace, it's Ace Owens"

-" It wasn't that hard, was it?" She said looking at him straight it the eyes. " I asked you something earlier today, and you ran away" she added not looking down. " So about that, are you going to help me?"

-" Well.. About that.. I really can't.. I'm sure one of your, you know, minions can, do that.." he coughed, rubbing his hair nervously.

-" Are you nervous?" she teased

-" Wh-..What?" he stuttered, looking at his lap awkwadly. 

-" Do I make you nervous? You barely looked at me, you're stuttering, you refused to help me, and you basically ran away when I talked to you. So I'm asking you, do I make you nervous?" Her perfectly arched eyebrow raised as she intently looked at him. She rested both her hands on the table as she leaned in closer, invading his personnal space, menacing him.

-" It's intimidating.." he mumbeled

-" You know I can hear you from here"

- " I said, it's intimidating" His voice was  louder that a whisper, it steadier and most importantly confident. " The way you look at me, the way you look at people. You're rude, and disrespectful.. And unkind and creepy. You walk around like you own this place, you and The Royalty. People try their best to stay away from you, they even crack of fear sometimes. If you want something, you say it nicely, with a true smile. You spend too much time faking smiles that you became fake yourself. I don't want anything to do with you or with your friends. So I'm asking you, please stay away from me. That was my friend you kicked out, and you had no right to. Some people aren't dying to be seen with you. I hope I was clear, Have a nice day, Queen."

        He grabbed his jacket and left.

        It was the second time this day, the little Ace left Liraz speechless, she had never heard these wods before, she –and for the first time– took a moment to question herself. 'He was right and you know it. Even if you look pitch perfect from the outside, you're a heartless girl who couldn't care less about anyone but herself.' The voice inside her head kept telling her. She held her head high, flipped her hair, and wore the sassy girl mask as she left the café.

    Once she was home, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth as the serene voice of silence gently caressed her ears. It was quite and peaceful, she was thankful that her father wasn't there. She kicked off her killer heels,pulled her hair in a neat ponytail and sat on the kitchen bar. She carefully put the donut package to her right and opened a book she reading The Luxe Series for the fourth time. She was fascinated by Anna Godbersen.  She was always in love with stories of pretty, young girls with lots of money, lots of drama, no limits. And the Luxe series was all about that; Handwritten love letters, corsets, gorgeous dresses, society balls, and carriage rides in the park. 

-" Liraz! Where are.. Here you are! What you didn't hear me?" a chirpy familiar voice yelled from the kitchen's door. Liraz didn't bother turning back, she knew this voice by heart. The light steps of her best friend hit the floor gently like she was weightless. 

- " Of course I heard you, I think the whole town of Shadehaven heard you, sweetie" Her eyes didn't leave the pages as she devoured every single words with untamable hunger and sweet passion.

- " Give me that stupid book" She snatched the novel from her hand and closed it. Liraz's widened in horror like she had just witnessed a murder. Those books were her sweethearts. And there goes Lydia, slamming them against the counter like they were lifeless object. " You've been reading it since forever, you need a new hobbie. And now, listen, Heidi is bored and wants us to go to the beach tomorrow, everyone will be there, and there will be a party after, so don't tell me you're not going. It's not like you have a choice, so be ready to show that bikini body of yours because tomorrow is show time, plus, what kind of person spends weekend time in their house. I know that's you. But when Heidi says 'To the beach, bitches', you follow. Aiden ,and I'm quoting,  -his perfectness- will be there along with hottest guys of Shadehaven high, so it's time for you to have fun!" She swallowed the words so quickly that Liraz feared she might pass out. Lydia was the spark of joy in the group, she was the child spirit, the seventeen purity. And spending a life time with her, Liraz knew exactly when to cover her ears because she knew her friend would be about to squeal.

-" Oh my god, breathe Lydia, breathe, I don't want you to die, not today, because we're going shopping" And right after that, she covered her ears as Lydia's high pitched squeal echoed in the empty house. 

        Tomorrow was going to be a good day.

                                                                        ***

#Hello beautiful people! So the new chapter is here, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about Liraz, and what makes her the way she is. So, what do you think of her? And Ace can he get any cuter? It's Dylan O'Brien! OF COURSE HE CAN! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as much as  I did, make sur to let me know what you think, Much love.

#Silent readers, I need to hear your voices, love you xx