"Oh don't look so blue," Harry grinned. "What did you say to me the other day? Oh yeah, 'War takes time. Be patient'." Harry repeated XJ's words back at her in a high-pitched voice, attempting to imitate her.

XJ swatted Harry's arm. "I don't sound like that, and how dare you use my own words against me."

Harry's grin grew and he pecked XJ's cheek. "Practice what you preach, lass."

"Tread carefully or get your teeth kicked in." XJ scowled.

"Nice, uh, what's it called? Alli...ale...aly..."

"Alliteration, Harry. It was one of the first things we covered in Grammar."

"Well you should know that I never listen." Harry defended.

"We're here," XJ announced, cutting the conversation short as they stopped in front of a wooden door with a golden plate. It read, 'Headmistress's office'.

Harry was about to barge in like he usually did with any door when XJ held up her hand. She whispered, "Playing favorites." She knocked on the door politely.

Harry kissed her briefly."You're a genius," He whispered, his voice barely audible, so that Fairy Godmother wouldn't hear him.

"Come in," Fairy Godmother called. XJ pushed open the door lightly, and Fairy Godmother, who was sitting at her desk, looked pleasantly surprised. "Oh, that's wonderful!" The jolly woman smiled, clasping her hands together as XJ closed the door gently instead of slamming it like she usually did. "You know how to knock now! You're learning so fast." Fairy Godmother praised.

XJ nodded and forced out a smile, "Thank you, but that's only thanks to you, Fairy Godmother."

"Oh, you're going to make me blush!" Fairy Godmother chuckled. She gestured to the two empty seats in front of her. "Please sit and make yourselves comfortable."

XJ and Harry sat down, sending each other amused looks.

"Now, I know you two are wondering why I called you two in. Don't worry, I don't think you two are in any trouble, but we will see." Fairy Godmother started, her voice gentle but firm. "You see, near the end of lunch, Mal - the daughter of Maleficent - told me that she saw you, XJ, with Chad Charming underneath the bleachers by the tourney field. She saw you two talking very seriously and she's worried that, pardon me, XJ, but as a child from the Isle and not knowing any better, you were trying to hurt Chad. Could you tell me what you two were talking about?"

XJ's eyes widened as she pretended to be surprised, "Mal said that? That's...that's hurtful for her to make assumptions like that." XJ looked down at the floor, acting dismayed.

"Oh, XJ, I know," Fairy Godmother said, her voice filled with empathy, "I'm sorry that she did, but could you tell me what you and Chad were discussing? He and Audrey haven't arrived yet, so I would rather get your side of the story first."

"Of course," XJ took in a deep breath and smiled. "Mal was mistaken. I wasn't trying to hurt Chad or Audrey in any way. I heard about him and Audrey's break up half a year ago from Audrey herself during Chemistry lesson. Chad's been trying to get Audrey back ever since then, but he's been failing miserably. He looked terribly miserable so I thought I would help him out. That's what we were talking about under the bleachers. I offered to help him, not harm him, and he accepted. That's all." XJ smiled warmly, an expression that did not match her.

"Oh I knew Mal was wrong," Fairy Godmother said enthusiastically. "I told her that you weren't trying to harm Chad! When Mal asked about Chad, you couldn't tell her because it would mess up everything you and Chad were going to set up, wasn't it?"

XJ nodded, trying to hide her surprise that the woman was spot on. Well, she was exactly right about what XJ was trying to do on the surface at least. "Yes, and Fairy Godmother, I don't mean to speak out of turn, but could I ask you for a favor?"

"Of course you can," Fairy Godmother beamed, "Just say the word!"

"Well, could you interrogate Chad and Audrey separately so Audrey doesn't know? I don't want to keep her in the dark, but Chad really wants her back, and I can see that Audrey does too. And could you maybe try to avoid letting Audrey know?" XJ smiled sheepishly.

"Oh, why yes, of course! I'll do that!" Fairy Godmother winked. "It'll be our little secret!"

XJ pretended to look relieved, "Thank you so much, Fairy Godmother. You're the best."

"Oh, don't mention it, my dear," Fairy Godmother giggled. She turned to Harry, "I'm sorry for wasting your time Harry. I just thought that if Chad was flirting with XJ, as her boyfriend, you ought to know."

XJ shot Harry a look and he caught it from the corner of his eyes. He smiled slightly, "It's no problem, Fairy Godmother."

Fairy Godmother nodded in acknowledgement. "In that case, all we have to do is wait for Chad's story to come through and you two will be out in the clear. In the meantime, go and enjoy the rest of your night!"

"Thank you so much, Fairy Godmother and the same to you too." XJ said, her smile never dropping.

"Thank you," Harry smiled, doing the same. XJ and Harry both got up and walked out of the office.

When they were out of earshot, Harry and XJ laughed as they ran back to their dorm. On the way, they came across Mal, who was talking to Evie. Mal looked stunned as Harry and XJ ran past her, looking like they didn't have a care in the world. XJ made a rude hand gesture at her before running round the corner, laughing even louder at her shocked and angered expression.

Once Harry and XJ were in their dorm, XJ slammed the door shut and smiled as she felt herself being picked up. Harry spun XJ round and round, laughing, "Lass, you are a genius!"

"I'm well aware, Harry!" XJ laughed, "Now put me down!"

Harry smirked, "Alright," Without any warning, Harry dropped XJ hard onto her bed. 

XJ quickly sat up, only to be crushed by Harry, who was lying horizontally across her stomach. XJ laughed, "Harry, I'm dying!"

"Do you need CRP, lass?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow before getting off her and sitting up so he could kiss XJ deeply.

XJ laughed when Harry pulled away, putting her arms around Harry's neck as she sat cross-legged. "It's CPR, you idiot."

"That's what I said!" Harry exclaimed, grinning.

"You said CRP!"

"No I did not!"

"Yes you did!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"No!"

"Yes - wait," Harry frowned as XJ burst out laughing.

XJ rested her forehead against Harry's and closed her eyes, calming down. "When I take over Auradon, I think I'll leave the paperwork to Uma."

"She's going to give the paperwork to me." Harry said, smiling as he closed his eyes as well.

"You can give it to Gil."

"Gil's an idiot."

"That makes two of you."

"Low blow, Xiao."

XJ laughed softly at Harry's words.

"I love you," Harry said gently.

"I love you too."