Chapter Eight - "A certain magical tattoo that has a skull and serpent on it."

Important A/N at the end.

– “A certain magical tattoo that has a skull and serpent on it."

“If I’m not told why Ms Green appears to be inebriated I will issue detention to all of you.” Professor McGonagall threatened. The Marauder and Cory sunk low into their seats as if they expected to be protected by the inanimate objects. Tasmin was swaying back and forth beside a potted plant. Lily bravely stepped forward.

“Professor, it all started this morning when Cory, Tasmin and I left to go to Hogsmead…”

Lily and Tasmin met Cory at the large oak doors before making their way to Hogsmead village where the rest of the school – from third year up – were allowed to spend the day. They made their way down the winding path taking animatedly about the baby and what they were going to do when it comes.

“I’m due the day of our last N.E.W.T exam!” complained Tasmin as she flung her arms up in desperation, “I don’t know what to do!”

“What’s your last exam?” Cory inquired.

“Muggle Studies,” Tasmin pouted.

“You want to be an Auror,” Lily pointed out, “you don’t need Muggle Studies. Plus, I’m sure the exam date could be changed.”

“If not, you’ll just have to cross your legs!” the three girls laughed at Cory’s comment but a voice from behind them made them gasp with shook.

“What’s so funny?” a voice lined with humour chuckled.

The three girls turned around to see Regulas standing behind them. Tasmin grinned widely while Cory and Lily gave polite, tight-lipped smiles.

“Oh, you know, Dumbledores beard,” Tasmin lied easily.

“I can imagine how that would come up in general conversation,” grinned Regulas, “I was thinking-”

“Don’t hurt yourself!” Cory scoffed.

“About whether or not you’re doing the commenting for the Gryffindor and Slytherin match next week?”

“Of course I am why wouldn’t I be?” Tasmin frowned.

“You didn’t last time.”

“Oh, I was sick. But I’m fine now.”

“Well I guess I’ll see you later, maybe in the Three Broomsticks for a Butterbeer?” he hinted.

“Maybe, if we’re not busy.” Lily interrupted as she grabbed Tasmins arm and began to walk away without saying goodbye.

“Bye!” Tasmin threw over her shoulder. Lily dragged Tasmin all the way to the village with Cory on her other side before letting her go.

“Lily! That was rude!” scolded Tasmin.

                Lily took a step away from Tasmin and crossed her arms while looking her friend up and down. Cory scoffed at Tasmin and began to survey the crowded street. “Why do you like him?” Lily asked bluntly, taking Tasmin for surprise.

“Because he’s nice to me, he’s smart and he doesn’t care about certain things that other people tend to get worked up about!” Tasmin defended.

“What are you taking about? Regulas is one step away from getting a certain magical tattoo that has a skull and serpent on it, if you know what I mean.”

“Cory, even Peter’s smart enough to know what you mean. I would much prefer it if you didn’t insult my intelligence, which, by the way, is higher than anyone in Hogwarts since Dumbledore attended!” Tasmin crossed her arms across her chest in finality.

“Well, maybe you’re book smart but you’re definitely not street smart. A fact you’ve proven by being knocked up-”

“Cory!” Lily interrupted.

“She’s right Lily. We’re not all as experienced as Cory in the sack. You’ve been in Hogwarts, what four months? And you’ve already slept with half the seventh year boys.” The slap was easily know to come, what wasn’t as easy to anticipate, however, was Cory pushing Tasmin into the side of Honeydukes and raising her fist.

“STOP!” a voice called out. Tasmins eyes were glued to Cory’s fist only inches from her face but she recognised the deep voice anywhere.

                Sirius grabbed Cory by the waist and pulled her away from Tasmin before letting go and gently placing his hands on either side of her face. “Taz, are you okay?” he whispered softly, his woodsy scent calming her instantly like it had so many times when she couldn’t sleep. Tasmin felt her eyes drifting up to his and meeting the coal, black eyes that held strange warmth.

“Let go of me,” her voice surprised her by coming out calm and steady, even though all she wanted was to wrap her arms around him and never let go. It was a terrifying thought. One that made her finally realise just how deeply in love she was.

I know I'm a bad person for not uploading on Friday like I said but I have multiple reasons and I'm very sorry :(

I may not be able to upload till next week though because I have orals and aurals plus exams for the next three weeks. Plus work, six birthdays and two communions!

But, since I'm trying to be a good person and become homies with Posidon and stuff I will try really, really hard to upload.

Thanks for reading, Love Nikki!