Chapter Seven - "The Oh Great Ones magical beardedness."

– “The Oh Great Ones magical beardedness.”

By the end of January Tasmin had not forgiven Sirius for his actions on Christmas day. He spent every day apologizing, pleading and begging for forgiveness but Tasmin did not budge.

                On January twenty-first Lily walked into her bedroom where Tasmin had taken up residence to find Tasmin sobbing on the floor with a pile of clothes thrown around her. Lily rushed over to Tasmin and pulled her into a hug, letting her cry on her clean t-shirt nosily. After a few minute she had calmed down. “I’m sorry, Lily, but,” she drew in a shaky breathe, “None of my clothes fit!” she wailed. Lily tried, she really, really tried, but she just couldn’t help it. She laughed.

“I’m s-s-sorry Taz, but seriously!” she roared with laughter.

“It’s not funny Lily!” Tasmin frowned but Lily’s laughter became infectious and soon the two girls lay on the floor holding their stomachs with tears streaming down their faces.

                “I’m going to have to tell someone, aren’t I?” Tasmin sobered up. Lily wrapped her arms around her best friend and nuzzled her head into Tasmins neck.

“Yeah, but it’ll be okay. You have me and Cory, James, Remus, Peter and … you have Sirius too.”

“I know, but I can’t stop thinking about how he just walked away. As if he couldn’t care less,” Lily frowned at Tasmins words. Sirius had spent every day trying to make up for his actions of shock. Lily was almost positive that Tasmin didn’t exactly warm to the idea of being pregnant straight away; after all, she was three months pregnant before she told anyone.

“Come on fat arse,” Lily unwrapped herself from Tasmin and stood up, extending a hand to help her pregnant friend up, “Hogsmead in twenty minutes!” Tasmin stood up and Lily automatically stared at her stomach which now showed a slight bump. “You’ll need to wear a big coat,” she bit her lip as Tasmin nodded and pulled on a large coat. It was only later she remembered it was Sirius’.

*

“We’re off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of Oz!” Tasmin sang as she skipped down the corridor to Dumbledore’s office with Lily, Cory and the Marauders running after her.

“We are dead! So, so dead,” moaned Cory as she sprinted to try and catch up with Tasmin who had reached the Gargoyle outside Dumbledore’s office.

“Lollipop, lollipop

Oh lolli, lolli, lolli

Lollipop, lollipop

Oh lolli, lolli, lolli

Lollipop, lollipop

Oh lolli, lolli, lolli

Lollipop,” Tasmin screeched in a horrible attempt at singing before sticking her left forefinger in her mouth and popping it with a wide grin.

“Oh no,” James shouted with horror.

“She’s singing!” Sirius finished for him as the group of teenagers came to a halt beside Tasmin.

“This is bad,” Peter screeched.

“Really, really bad,” Remus grimaced. Seeing her friends acting hopeless Lily took charge.

“Okay, Remus and Cory go find Professor McGonagall, James and Peter, find Professor Slughorn and tell him we think Tasmin drank a potion-” Lily was cut off by a high pitch wail that resembled a bag of cats being drowned and looked over to see Tasmin ‘singing’ Jackson 5‘s ‘I’ll be there.’ “A really strong potion,” she finished with a shake of her head.

“What will I do?” Sirius asked.

“She doesn’t want you!” Lily retorted venomously. Sirius’ eyes widened in shock at Lily’s harsh words but he didn’t back down.

“That is my girlfriend and baby-” he started before Lily laughed in disgust.

“Oh now you want to be a part of this? It’s taken you long enough!” she shrieked, taking a step closer to him.

“Lily!” James and Cory roared. Their voices brought Lily to the realisation of what she just said.

“Sirius, I’m sorry, I-I didn’t mean it!” she apologised. Sirius ignored her and turned to the others.

“Go do what you were told. We’ll wait here.” With that he leaned against the wall and watched his friends leave with hesitation.

                When the other four had turned the corner Lily observed Sirius. She watched as he took in the way Tasmin danced and wailed to the song ‘Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!’ from The Wizard of Oz. His eyes followed her every move and lingered on her now noticeable bump, making Lily wonder what had happened to the large grey coat she had previously been wearing.

“Sirius?” Lily whispered timidly, “I really am sorry, for saying … what I said. I know how hard you’ve been trying to make up with Tasmin. James told me you have even bought a stuffed wolf for the baby,” Lily paused and took a deep breath, “she is just really scared Sirius. She knew you would take it hard – she did too! – But it was still a shock for her to see you just get up and leave her like that. I guess she just wanted to be told everything to be okay. As her best friend it was my duty to side with her but … I still tried to convince her to talk to you-”

“Lily,” Sirius interrupted, his eyes still on Tasmin, “I get it, you’re sorry, I forgive you. Now will you please stop rambling?” Sirius took his eyes off of Tasmin for a split second, gave Lily one of his trade mark smiles and focused back on the dancing girl.

                Cory and Remus arrived back to the trio a few minutes later with Professors McGonagall and Dumbledore.  McGonagall took in the sight of Sirius and Lily as they tried to restrain Tasmin, who was attempting to climb onto the banister and was proudly proclaiming to someone to: “keep hittin'em in the ribs ya see? Don't let that bastard breathe!”, and sighed loudly.

Why is it always one of you who end up in trouble?” she murmured as Dumbledore chuckled lightly beside her before saying the password to the gargoyle. The gargoyle leapt to the side and revealed a spiralling staircase which Dumbledore shooed everyone up.

                Sirius and Lily held Tasmins arms as they half dragged her up. Tasmin kept squealing “Merlin’s Laser Beams!” and “What the fuck is this shit!” on the way up. Finally they entered Dumbledore’s office and they sat in the seats McGonagall provided with professor Dumbledore seated behind his desk.

“Um, excuse me Professor Mr Magical God Dumbledore Sir, why we be here?” Tasmin asked politely causing her friends to face palm in sync.

“Actually, Ms Green, I was hoping you could tell me why you are here.”

“Well, Wizard of Oz, Sir, I always wanted to stroke that big ball of magic beard attached to your chinny chin, chin.” Enter the Double Face Palm.

“But I will be brave and leave the Oh Great Ones magical beardedness alone,” she said dramatically.

“Well, I for one can’t wait to hear the story behind this!” McGonagall proclaimed to the silenced room.

“All will be revealed in due time, my dear Watson,” Tasmin replied as she stroked her own imaginary beard.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yay I uploaded! XD

First, thanks a mil for reading - You're awesome!

Second, the "Keep hittin' him in the ribs...' is from the first Rocky, case ya didn't know.

Third, I'm so sad 'Hairspray' is over :( what will I do with my life? Maybe I'll actually upload regularly! o_O that would be something.

Thanks again for readin! Love, Nikki.