10: The Hardest Betrayal

We ran into the castle and up the stairs to the tower. That was where the Dark Mark was towering over. Remus gave a slight nod to me to tell me to transform. It would give us more of a chance, providing none of the students attacked me.

I groaned and fell onto all fours, feeling fur grow on my body and my teeth sharpening. I growled and made myself as big as I could. Tonks nodded at me and I gave her a toothy grin. With that, I charged into the crowd, protecting students who were going to get attacked from behind.

I started making my way up the stairs and saw Seamus about to get hit by a curse. I pounced onto the Death Eater casting it and knocked him off the stairs. I then turned to Seamus and put my face right up to his, breathing heavily. He gulped and I turned away, making my way towards Nico's scent. I found him battling a large Death Eater and leapt between them. I was hit by multiple curses but I just knocked the Death Eater away.

'Molly!' Nico's voice was filled with delight.

I heard people at the top of the tower but saw they had blocked the way.

'Severus, please,' I heard Dumbledore plead.

I then heard Snape's voice say 'Avada Kedavra.'

I changed human and ran at the door.

'NO!' I screamed.

'What happened?' Remus appeared.

'I don't know,' Nico was deflecting spells, 'She turned human suddenly, she didn't say why!'

The door suddenly opened and I was flung out of the way by a spell. I hit the wall and grimaced in pain. My leg was completely out place.

'TRAITOR!' I yelled at the one man I hated more than any other right now.

Snape froze slightly at my voice. Everyone else was too busy to even see him, but I saw his wand move ever so subtly. My breath caught in my throat as I prepared myself for whatever horror he was about to unleash on me, but nothing came.

Instead, he pain in my leg subsided. I looked down to see that it was tightly wrapped up and no longer at a weird angle. I looked up again but Snape was nowhere to be seen.

I saw Harry run after the group of Death Eaters. I tried to stop him but Ginny was standing over me. I held onto her arm and she helped me up. I couldn't bend my leg due to the splint so she had to help me.

'Come on,' she helped me limp down the stairs. Nico and Remus had disappeared but we were surrounded by bodies.

We headed towards the foot of the Astronomy Tower. A body was lying there and I knew immediately who it was. I heard Ginny gasp and let go of me while I stood there, feeling empty.

Everyone started milling around us. I heard people gasping and someone put their arms around me. I immediately knew it was Josh and I rested my head on his shoulder. We all lifted our wands and shone a light up. We were all silent as Harry sat by Dumbledore, crying.

McGonagall took all of the Order to the Hospital Wing and a few other kids were there too, such as Josh, Nico, Hermione, and Ron. Most others were treated in the Great Hall.

Madam Pomfrey bandaged up my many scratches and Josh held my hand. Nico stood over me, a sadness in his eyes.

'That's why you were acting that way, wasn't it,' he asked and I nodded slightly.

Bill Weasley had been attacked by Greyback but in human form. He was incredibly lucky, otherwise, he would be a real werewolf.

Harry explained to everyone what happened, but I didn't listen. All I needed to know was that Snape killed Dumbledore. But Snape helped me. And I was more confused than I had ever been before.