Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses

Start from the beginning

    "Catch me first." His voice was almost distant and she furrowed her eyebrows, glancing around before she saw his retreating figure disappear at the top of the staircase. Cassandra raced up the stairs, following him into the bedroom. She stopped when she didn't see him, her lips parting slightly as she glanced around. Suddenly the door behind her shut and she was pushed up against the wall, Dean pinning her there as he leaned forward and planted his lips on hers. Somehow they had managed to forget yesterday's events for awhile.

    Dean's hand slipped up the plaid shirt, resting on her upper thigh as his other hand was pressed flat against the wall next to her head. Cassandra reached up and tugged at his hair, earning a moan before pulling away. Dean groaned.

    "You're such a tease."

    "You stole my bacon!"

    "You're the one who left your food unattended," Dean argued.

    "Because you took it from me!"

    "I just wanted to kiss you."

    "That was disgusting. How do you drink coffee, let alone coffee like that?" Cassandra inquired. Dean shrugged and leaned forward to kiss her again.  This time Cassandra kissed back, gasping when Dean's hand snuck around and squeezed her ass. She shot him a brief glare before continuing to kiss him, letting Dean turn them around and push her towards the bed. Cassandra's knees hit the end of the bed and she fell back, propping herself up on her elbows so that she could reached Dean without him falling on top of her.

    "Your breakfast is getting cold," Dean muttered against her lips, his eyes fluttering closed once her fingers started to rake through his hair.

    "I don't care. I can always eat something later."

    Dean pulled away and frowned down at her. Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows, wondering why he stopped.

    "Cassy, you haven't eaten in a while and I know that yesterday really drained you and you need your energy." She groaned and flopped onto her back, closing her eyes and letting out a sigh. "We have all day to do this. Just eat something. Please? For me?"

    "On one condition."

    "Okay."

    "You come with me to go shopping." Dean furrowed his eyebrows just as she opened her eyes. Cassandra waited for him to reply but he seemed too confused to even think up a response. She arched an eyebrow at him. "Christmas is in a few days?"

    "We never celebrate Christmas."

    "Too bad. We are this year. That means no cases until after December twenty-fifth," Cassandra told him. Dean sighed and shook his head.

    "Cassy, we've never really done Christmas. I tried for Sam when we were kids but it didn't work out well. I'm not really a holiday person," Dean admitted. Cassandra shrugged and sat up, forcing Dean to take a step back.

    "That's too bad because I happen to love Christmas."

    "You were an Atheist," Dean deadpanned. Cassandra shrugged and licked her lips.

    "I celebrated for Jess and my mom. They loved it and it grew on me. Come on, Dean. Please? We don't have to go all out or anything. We don't even have to get a tree," Cassandra begged. Dean sighed and ran a hand through his hair before nodding and giving in.

    "Alright. Fine." Cassandra grinned and bounced on the balls of her feet in excitement. "But don't expect some expensive present. I don't get that much from credit card scams," Dean said. She laughed and shook her head, standing on her toes and pecking Dean on the lips.