Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses

Start from the beginning

    "Actually, I think she was always a demon. According to Lucifer, Azazel has had demons on me since I was five. I guess with the seals breaking they finally decided to draw you guys out," Cassandra explained. Sam shrugged.

    "Ah, whatever. We're just glad to have you here."

    Cassandra felt her lips curl into a small smile but it quickly fell when Bobby shoved a plate of food in front of the blonde.

    "Eat up," he told her. "I'm sure it's been awhile since Dean's managed to make you eat." Cassandra sighed in defeat. There was no point in arguing with Bobby anymore. Besides, she was starting to get hungry since it had been about a week since she last ate. Cassandra started to pick at the scrambled eggs with her fork, taking a bite just as Dean started to descend down the stairs with wild hair and tired eyes.

    "Morning, sleeping beauty," Bobby greeted. Dean rolled his eyes and walked straight to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee while Cassandra ate. Sam reached over to steal a piece of bacon when she smacked his hand away, glaring up at him.

    "Paws off my bacon, Winchester," Cassandra growled. Sam raised his eyebrows at her, chuckling and shaking his head.

    "Fine. I'll just get my own." Sam stood up and walked into the kitchen to get a plate of food. Dean retreated, plopping down on the couch before taking a sip of his coffee and setting it down  on the table in front of him. He turned to Cassandra and smiled, leaning in for a kiss only to get shoved away.

    "You just drank coffee. You're not kissing me."

    Dean arched an eyebrow at the blonde.

    "Oh, but you'll kiss me after I eat a burger with extra onions?" he retorted. Cassandra rolled her eyes and scoffed.

    "That's because I eat burgers with onions. But I do not drink coffee," Cassandra replied in disgust. Dean grabbed the plate from her hand and set it on the table with his coffee before straddling the blonde, pushing her down on the couch. "No, no, no, no, n—" Dean planted his lips on hers, swiping his tongue across her lower lip. Cassandra wrinkled her nose and cringed at the taste of the coffee, her eyes clenched shut. Dean let out a chuckle against her lips. Despite the bitter taste, Cassandra kissed back and started to run her hands through his hair.

    Bobby and Sam peeked through the doorway at the sound of Cassandra's squeal and snickered at her expression of disgust. "And she thinks she isn't loved," Sam said quietly. "I've never seen Dean so affectionate with someone before." Bobby hummed in agreement.

    "If we all make it out of this war alive, I think Cassandra could manage to pull him out of the life for good," Bobby replied. Sam frowned slightly at the thought of being separated from his brother. Sure, he wanted a life of his own, too, but he didn't want to risk losing him forever. "If anyone can help Dean and make him happy then it's her. That girl is somethin' else." Sam nodded in agreement.

    "She really is."

    Dean continued to kiss Cassandra, distracting her as his hand reached out towards her plate where he snatched a piece of her bacon. Sam and Bobby both laughed as he quickly pulled away from the blonde and stuffed it in his mouth with a smug smirk. Cassandra scowled up at him, smacking his shoulder playfully.

    "You ass!" she shrieked. Dean threw his head back in laughter after swallowing the bacon and shook his head. Cassandra reached up to pull him back down when Dean rolled off of the couch and took off, leaving the blonde staring at him with her mouth agape. She quickly got up and chased after him, abandoning her breakfast and Dean's coffee. "Dean, get back here!"