The devil is back

Jude:

A lot has happened since we stopped Jelena and Terrence's plans from buying the team's arena. We discovered about Solane and Oscar's affair, it made us- Ahsha and me- almost puke in disgust at the news. She was taken into custody, only to be freed when German confessed about killing Olivia. That broke Ahsha's tender heart, Derek and I were the only ones that were able to get close to her and console her. She couldn't even face her mother for a while!

Lionel, suffered the worst kind of betrayal: her first husband had seduced her and used her to give information to Jelena, so they could ruin her. She was distraught and angry, been if she only showed the later. Also, let's not count that it took Pete, Gideon and Derek to stop her from stomping towards the dock and sinking Jackson's boat.

Talking about Derek, his love life was going from good to better. He made this huge and beautiful gesture, and asked Ahsha to marry him in national T.V. Lucky, for him, she said yes. Kyle, on the other hand, was having an amazing time with Teddy. Her love life was strong and steady, as well. I found it kind of funny how Teddy would always bring when I entered the room in fear, she must have told him my warning. Good for him, he took it seriously. Because if Kyle's heart ends up broken... well, no one will ever find his body.

Gideon' career flourished after coming out, he had signed a lot of contracts to be the face of many brands dedicated to the gay community. However, he had lost the contract he had signed for the book of his story. That was enough for me, to be able to convince him of going to his old childhood home- with me of course- and contacting a private investigator to search for Laura- his little sister.

We were able to find her, but Gideon decided to not include her into his life- not when all he will bring to hers is the press and the craziness of being related to a famous basketball player. What took me by surprise, even more than this, was the fact that Gideon called me his family and bought us a house- his childhood house!

I'ven never been so happy on my entire life!!!

But I knew that happiness will be short lived. We haven't heard much about Jelena and Terrence lately... and that wasn't good. I felt like we were all waiting a storm, this calmness only happens when a huge one is about to come. So, I kept an eye on them- just in case.

However, I got distracted from that duty when Dr. Johnson got to LA from Vermont. We were all so concentrated on Raquel's check up and seeing if she had a chance, taht we didn't pay any attention to them. Having our hopes and hearts crushed, when Dr. Johnson told us that there was nothing she could do for Raquel, didn;t help the cause.

Not to mention Gideon and I had new issues to deal with, after Raquel told us she wanted us to be her son's guardians when she was gone. Her sister wouldn't be able to support them. Miguel's father was gone and wants nothing to do with him. Kyle is an incredible aunt, but not mother material. And after Jelena's behavior, Raquel doesn't trust her with her son. She assured us that her ex-partner won't make any problems, and if he does he has no rights to cause he signs those rights away a long time ago.

We were shocked and hesitant at first, specially Gideon. But after meeting Miguel and realizing it was Raquel's last living wish... we couldn't say no. Papers were drawn and the adoption was in process. It also meant that we had to rush the planning for our house. After all, we couldn't raise a boy in an apartment- he needs a homey environment.

We were so focused on Raquel's impeding death, Miguel's adoption, the restoration of the house and Devils' business, that we totally ignored Jelena and Terrence for a long time- enough for them to make a move.

And what a move they did...

When I entered my office, one morning, ready for work, I saw a man I thought I'd never see again: Oscar Kinkade.