The meaning of family

Lionel:

"Let me get this clear... The Devil Girls want to back up Jude against Terrence and Jelena, for the position of head of The Devils?!" I asked, shocked by Ahsha's previous statement.

"Yes. We believe that he is the one who should be head of The Devils. He understands the true spirit of being a devil, we have all been so stuck on being at the top... being the best, that we forgot being a devil means being family. Jude reminded us that, he never let pressure make him forget it. We need someone like that in power. We would all feel safer like this way, not worried about the hidden agenda of our boss" Ahsha's words stung, but I more than anyone know what she means.

After all, Jude has been there for me since I barged into the Devils' life unannounced. A friend, who I could count on to lean on whenever I needed it. I was only in power because I wanted to get back at Pete and the bitch he cheated me with. They caused my miscarriage!

However, now that my place is being threatened there is only a small chance for me to win. Also... they deserve more. I am just an actress who knows nothing about them. Jude does, he cares about them and they trust him. I can see that now, it is clear on Ahsha's defiant eyes.

"That will leave me in the position of EVP. What about your team Derek? Will you turn your back to Terrence and back up Jude? He's been your best friend for a long time" I asked the star of The Devils, glare in place- we were talking about my stepson after all!

"He made that decision easy when he turned his back on me. Betraying me like that... I cannot forgive him, no matter what he does. I don't think the rest of the team will make such a big fuss, Terrence hasn't been such a good teammate lately. Too busy with being Jelena's lapdog" he assured me, eyes flashing in anger "Also, they won't go against their captain and vice captain. I talked with Pete, he ascended Zero, which left Terrence in the dust. Not even when he gets off the bench will he return to his old power position"

"Ho... how can you be so sure that Zero will back us up?" stuttered Ahsha, looking at the floor as if she was hiding something.

I sighed deeply, realizing what was happening "The answer is easy, Ahsha: because Zero loves Jude. I knew that Jude has been suffering because of someone... I never thought that it was Zero. Ah, I better start with the paperwork to translate my shares of The Devils to him. You both get back to your teams and start preparing them for the fight that's about to come. It'll be sooner than we think"

"Our teams?!" exclaimed Ahsha, clearly shocked at my wording.

"The Devil Girls might not be exactly part of The Devils brand. But I do have a small part of the shares of your team, thanks to my dear husband, and have influence with the rest of the owners. Do you really think I would let Jelena get away with everything she has done to me?! I was sceptical at first, I still loath your mother and couldn't stand the idea of her being so happy, no matter how much it will hurt Jelena seeing you in charge of her team. Now, that you are on Jude's side... I'll make an exception. It will take a few days, but soon you'll be the new Devil Girls' captain"

I never thought I came too strong at them, enough to make them see me an a selfish and cold-hearted bitch. But when they looked at me with such shocked expressions at how selfless I was acting in regards of Jude, I found out I had to change a few things. After all, I couldn't let them continue thinking so.

Ahsha:

I was still perplexed when we finally left Lionel's office, soon to be Jude's. I couldn't believe how selfless she could be, then again Jude was like the son she never had.

"That was... illuminating" Derek commented, as stunned as I was "Who would have thought Lionel could be so..."

"I know" I ended for him.

Then nervous butterflies attacked my stomach, as I recall the promise I made Jude not twenty-four hours ago. By the look Derek was giving me, he noticed my state too.

"You see Derek, Jude talked some sense into me the other day. I couldn't continue leading German on, not when I hadn't loved him for a long time... not when I was already in love with someone else" I confessed, soon I was caged between his strong arms, against the wall "I broke up with him earlier today and was thinking that maybe, we could..."

He didn't let me finish, cutting me off with his lips "Yes" he replied, when we had to break apart for air "Yes!"

Soon we were in full make out mode, but I couldn't care less. Things were finally going fine, after so much pain and sorrow. I just let myself enjoy the moment, before having to face a hard fact: the Devils will soon have to face the most difficult fight they had ever had until now. At least, for once, in a long time, we were united as one... as a family.