Chapter 31: Do It For The Court Part 1 of 2

Comenzar desde el principio

Public Defender: [Stand up and talk to the jury.] Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury: under the law my client is presumed innocent until proven guilty. During this trial, you will hear no real evidence against my client. You will come to know the truth: that Dustin watts, Tyronne and Janessa Jenkins did in fact have a valuable reason to have licensed guns on them and the people who were shot were in fact not innocent at all. Dustin, Tyronne and Janessa were just trying to do the right thing by helping out a person in need. Therefore my client is not guilty.

Judge: The prosecution may call its first witness.

Deputy DA: The People calls one of the eye witnesses [Bailiff takes the witness to the witness stand.]

When I see Jordan walk up to the stand, I wanna go up there and beat the hell outta him and I guess Jada got that because she grabbed my hand a squeezed it to tell me it was okay. I just hope she's right.

Clerk: Please stand. Raise your right hand. Do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Jordan: I do.

Clerk: Please state your first and last name.

Jordan: Jordan Wesley

Clerk: You may be seated.

Reporter: Please spell your last name for the record.

Jordan: W-E-S-L-E-Y

Deputy DA: [Stand up.] Jordan, why were you at the abandon building?

Jordan: I was helping my boss with some business

Deputy DA: What is the address of this building?

Jordan: ## ___________ street

Deputy DA: So where were you when the shoot out happened

Jordan: I was handling some personal (Looks at Nyesha) business for my boss

Deputy DA: No further questions

Judge: Does the defense have any questions

Public Defender: Not at this time, Your Honor.

Judge: The witness is excused. [Wait for the witness to leave the stand.] The prosecution may call the next witness.

Deputy DA: The People call the arresting officer. [Bailiff takes the witness to the witness stand.]

Clerk: Please stand. Raise your right hand. Do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Officer: I do.

Clerk: Please state your first and last name.

Officer: James Lee

Clerk: You may be seated.

Reporter: Please spell your last name for the record.

Officer: L-E-E

Deputy DA: [Stand up.] Officer, where do you work?

Officer: I have worked for the Canada Highway Patrol for the past ten years.

Deputy DA: Were you on duty on the night of September 10th?

Officers: Yes. I was patrolling the freeway between _____ and _______

Deputy DA: Did you observe a black 2011 Land Rover LR4 that night?

Officer: Yes, I did.

Deputy DA: What was the license number?