Why Cassidy Why

Outside POV:

Stiles meets Bobby back in the motel. He gives Bobby his coffee and sets the pastries down on the table. Bobby said thanks and took a long deep sip of the hot black coffee.

Bobby then asked Stiles, "So did you get everything we need?"

Stiles went to his backpack, fished out the two sets of keys, and handed them to Bobby.

"Here, these are the keys. One to the office and one to the basement. Though I think I know who the ghost is." Stiles says absentmindedly.

Bobby looked surprised this kid was terrific.

"Really who?" Bobby asks.

Stiles then explains the story back to Bobby. The one that Cassidy told him earlier that day.

"That definitely sounds like a vengeful spirit. But I was thinking, these murders don't look like a ghost." Bobby said, unsure of something.

He went through the bodies again at the morgue, and the cause of death just left him unsure. The bodies were clawed to shit, and a ghost could definitely do that, but the supposed ghost didn't match up with the victims' deaths. Something was off, but he didn't know for sure, and Stiles was insistent that it was a ghost.

"What do you mean? Bobby, all the kills happened in the basement, and the EMF checked out. It's the signs of a haunting. Right?" Stiles said, trying to confirm that he wasn't wrong.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just overthinking things." Bobby said, but he didn't look too convinced.

Later on, when it was almost midnight, Stiles was waiting in the school's parking lot. He and Bobby researched a bunch after deciding it was a ghost hunt. They found the story of the young boy and how his body was never found. They figured that since nobody can find his body that his body must still be down there hidden somewhere. At the moment, Stiles was currently loading his shotgun full of salt, as Bobby had told him—salt is the only thing that could really hurt ghosts other than iron, of course.

While this was happening, he got a phone call from Derek. It was his fault he forgot to call him back after the whole Cassidy incident, as he will now refer to it as.

He quickly picked up the phone, "Hey, Derek."

There was a slight growl on the other side of the phone. Internally Stiles winced because it had been a long time since he had previously called Derek. And he honestly forgot all about it. It was a hectic and confusing day for Stiles.

"Yeah, sorry. I know I forgot to call you. I was busy. I still am, in fact." Stiles said. He didn't mean to forget to call Derek, but he kind of didn't know how to talk to him after what Cassidy enlightened him about.

"Where are you, Stiles?" Derek asked.

Stiles was at a loss; he didn't really know how to answer Derek's question. He couldn't exactly say he was standing outside of the school, ready to go on a ghost hunt. But he couldn't exactly say he was in his house either because he could hear the cars driving by behind him, and he's almost positive Derek could hear it too, especially with his werewolf hearing.

"Uh, in the middle of a stakeout." Was the lame answer Stiles gave.

He knew Derek was gonna freak; he was secretly a worry wort. Derek growled louder.

"At 12:00 am! Stiles, what kind of internship is this?" Derek asks, feeling worried and angry from not being able to protect him.

'Why did Stiles have to be so far away?' Derek thought.