Your Fault

Karla lead me out of the room, legs trembling in fear. Though, it might also be arousal. We turn down the opposite way of where I saw the guy drag Lauren.

"Why are we going this way? I saw Lauren get taken down that way," I whisper, pointing behind me. "We're getting the kids first. They're more vulnerable," I say and she nods.

I limp behind her; my limbs feel like they'd fall off at any given time. I keep the blade trained on the back of her neck, wishing none of this had to turn around.

"Why, Karla?" I say suddenly. "I had to. If I didn't, I would've-,"

"Don't continue," I say strongly. I already have an idea of the ultimatum she was put in. "They're all dead, so that's not a problem. Keep walking."

He bare feet patters lightly on the concrete floor. She leads me through different twists and turns of the basement before we show up at the door I saw Lauren in.

Though, the door was sealed shut. She turns to me and holds her hand down, motioning for me to give her something. "Your pocket knife," her eyes venture down. "What? No," I say.

"To open the door. My dad has the key."

It still pisses me off that she works for the guys that killed my family. If my surviving loves weren't locked in here, I would've killed her. Then again, I won't.

I'm guilty of only wanting her sex; even though Lauren and I aren't together, she's still the mother of my children.

Like I said, she's my toy now.

I hesitantly hand her my knife and she turns to start unlocking it. After a few attempts, she manages to open it. The door let out an obnoxious creak, making me cautious. She steps in ahead of me, and I follow, knife still trained on her.

I look around and see Jade and Javier with blindfolds on and noise canceling headsets. Jade was sniffling, calling for me quietly while Javier was calling for Lauren. I look at Karla thankfully and went over to them. I take their headsets off and untie their blindfolds.

"Mamá!" I shush them then look up at Karla. "My car is a block away from behind here. All black Sedan. Keys are in the nearby bushes. Get them there safely. And I swear to God, if anything else happens to them, I will kill you." She nods and I begin to cut the tape that was holding them together.

"I'm scared, Mamá," the little girl cries.

"I know loves. I'm here to save you, okay?" They nod and I free them successfully. "Go with her," I tell them. They get up and follow Karla out of the room. I look around, seeing if there's another weapon I could use. My eyes settle on some heavy chains.

I smile, this is perfect. Now, to kill Don Miguel.

-----
I lead my way around the concrete corridors. Now that I got my kids, it's time to save their mother. With the chains wrapped loosely over my shoulder and the end held tightly in my hand, I move through the echoing paths. I keep my back turned to the wall, not wanting the chains to scrape up against it.

As I go further, I start to hear faint voices. I stop, listening to where they may be coming from. I hear something along the lines of, "You can't kill her, she's too quick." That was definitely a man's voice.

I inch closer, coming in sight was a doorless room, with someone sitting in the middle, tied to the chair with their head bowed. Their long black hair falls into their lap.

Lauren.

My blood boils as I see some blood spatters on her sleeve. On impulse, I stand in the doorway boldly.

None of the three guys saw me until I whacked one of them in the temple, knocking him out immediately. The rest draw their guns and I grabbed one of their wrists and point it at the other just as he was about to shoot, killing his partner.

The remaining guy begged for mercy as I take his gun from him. I shoot him in the chest with no hesitation. I look around at the bodies then went over to the one I had hit and shot him in the head. I look back at Lauren to see she hasn't moved.

I crouch in front of her and lift her head up. She opens her eyes droopily, face beaten. Blood was caked up on her bottom lip. Blood trickled down her temple and a bruise was forming under her right eye.

"Y/N?" She croaks out and I nod, tears welling in my eyes. "Yes, thank God you're okay." I work on freeing her from the chair when she looks up with wide eyes.

"Look out!"

A blunt force to the side of my head knocks me over. Lauren shouts my name in fear. I groan, slowly trying to get up. Once I do, I'm met with the face I've been dying to put a bullet in since I was eight. "You," I grit.

"I see Richie's taught you something," he chuckles, looking around the room. "You've killed almost all of my men and I applaud you." He claps sarcastically. I squint at him, then I look back at Lauren who's wearing a distressed expression.

"None of this had to happen. Had your father been loyal."

"So you killed him?"

"See, I didn't want to, but he was stealing from me. Hundreds of thousands stolen from my market. And it's because of your father," his older features read hatred.

"You took him away from me. Him, my aunt, my mother, and my cousin."

He nods, "And had you not killed them, they would've taken your kids... and her." He motions to Lauren. I step closer to him, "Don't you put a fucking hand on my kids. You're gonna have to kill me first." He laughs, "Ah, young Camachos, always the determined ones."

"Fuck you," He fixes the cuff of his suit jacket. "I remember when your father was as hot tempered as you. I'd try to help him and he'd snap on me. He was always an aggressive boy." I furrow my eyebrows.

"How long have you known my father?" I ask skeptically. He takes a Cuban out of his inside jacket pocket. "Oh, he didn't tell you?"

I squint daggers at the man, "Tell me what? What the fuck's going on?" He chuckles darkly, lighting and smoking the cigar leisurely, "Your father was my son."

-----
*Dun dun duuuun