Chapter 2

Dedicated to come-easy / Trixie for the awsome new cover <3

Chapter 2

 I was awoken by the sound of my alarm clock blaring by my side. I tried to hit it and make it stop but it wouldn't stop, giving me no choice but to get up.

I got off my bed and hit it to shut it up and walked to my wardrobe lazily. I got my favourite shirt and jeans to put on my bed while I washed my face.

I made my way to the bathroom down the hall and got dressed as soon as I got back in my room, tied my messy brown hair in a ponytail, got my bag and went downstairs.

My mom was making us pancakes and bacon while my dad and brother argued about last night's soccer match. My sister just arrived downstairs after we settled down to eat.

We ate quietly and slowly, except for the occasional mumbling of my brother about how he thought the match wasn't fair. We finished at seven and started leaving for school while dad left for the office. "I'll be home by eight,"he said to my mom as he kissed her cheek and left.

My siblings and I left a few minutes after our dad, not forgetting our goodbyes. Aiden walked to the car and turned on the engine. The car roared to life. We went in, my sister beside her twin and me alone at the back.

The ride to school wasn't as peaceful as breakfast. My sister and brother argued on who will pick the 'road-to-school' music that morning while I listened to my own personal favourites with earphones.

It took us nearly twenty minutes to finally arrive at school, leaving us with ten more minutes until the first bell started ringing. We walked to the large double doors leading inside the school together. My siblings left me alone just as we arrived inside, as usual.

I went to get my things in my locker and noticed something different of the locker next to me; there was a lock on it.  Nobody had ever used that locker; I guessed someone knew was occupying it.

I locked my locker door and made my way to my first class, Chemistry. I’d never really understood the subject, though I loved it when we were asked to experiment with chemicals.

I got in the classroom and sat on the back corner seat of the room, no one sat beside me, which was good. I’ve always liked solitary in classes. Five minutes later, a lot of students started getting inside the classroom and chat. It felt like a while until our teacher walked in.

“Settle down, students,” he said. Everyone got seated and stopped chattering. He was starting to tell us to open our books when someone knocked on the door, and a boy came in.

He was a new lad. He had soft-looking brown hair, dazzling brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin. His hair looked a bit messy but it didn’t really matter, he looked absolutely gorgeous.

He wore a black t-shirt against his toned body and simple grey jeans. I thought he was looking at me for a while and started talking; must’ve been my imagination.

He explained why he was late, which was apparently because a teacher was mildly flirting with him. The class laughed for a second and fell silent again. Mr. Wright told him to introduce himself to the class, and so he did.

“My name is Christopher, but you can call me Chris,” he introduced. “You don’t look like a Christopher nor a Chris,” someone said. “I know, I’ve been telling my mom that but she said it fit me,” he answered, everyone laughed again. “Alright, please sit down at the last available seat beside Ms. Jones right over there,” he said, pointing at the seat next to mine.

“Okay,” he said and sat down next to my seat. He slouched on his seat as he got his book and opened it to the page our teacher told us to go to. For a split second, I saw him wink at me.

-

After a really boring class of Chemistry, another boring session of Math, which Christopher was also in, it was finally time for lunch break. And as always, I went to get my food and walked to the girls’ bathroom.

On the way, the three guys that beat me up the day before approached me. I think their names were Jonathan, Ryan and their leader, Adam. Jonathan grabbed my shoulders to keep me still and prevented me from running away. Ryan took my lunch, dropped it, stepped on it and left it on the ground.

Adam went closer to me and slapped me across my cheek. It stung badly, I knew it was going to leave a mark. “Because of you we were gonna get suspended, but thanks to Ryan’s dad, one of the school’s owners, we didn’t,” he said. “I guess now we know where his son got all that stupidity,” I said, wrong decision though, because it sent me flying across the hall.

They walked up to me, but before they could do anymore damage to my already very badly damaged body, someone hit Adam in the jaw, making him fall to the ground. “Anyone else?” he asked confidently, I recognized the voice, it was Chris’.

Before I could process what was happening, a fight went on. A bunch of people were watching some were taking videos; it absolutely disgusted me how those people were. Me, being the one who’s always scared of fights and anything brutal, ran away to the girls’ restroom and spent the rest of the time there, crying.

After a very long while, I decided to go to my next class. Seeing the clock, it was time for English, and I was very late.

I wiped my tears, washed my face and stood up. I got out of the bathroom and went to my locker to get my English materials. I walked to the classroom and knocked on the door once I got there.

I opened the door, and before I could explain why I was late and looked very awful, I saw someone. Sitting right next to my seat next to the window on the third row, was Christopher, the boy who basically just saved my life; because really, I could've died then and there.

---

Woot woot. Melody's first encounter with Christopher.

This chapter was a bit rushed, so if you see any mistakes, inform me :)

Hope you like this chapter 

 Picture is of Melody!