Royal Guest

"So you'll get to be staying with us! How great is that?" Dagur asked happily as Ash clung onto him as they rode out from the Edge with Heather and Ash's dragons.

"As much as I'd like to have stayed with the riders, I feel like I need to keep an eye on you when Heather can't." Ash said as she held on tightly to him.

"How's the leg?"

"Still hurts, but I assure you that I'll be feeling better soon."

"Well you know you can't walk around with an injured leg, we'll have our healer check the wound and give you a crutch so you won't hurt yourself."

Ash gave him a grateful smile and leaned her head onto his shoulder. "I'm really glad to have someone as caring as you." She whispered softly, earning a small blush from Dagur.

"So what was your answer going to be?" Heather asked, flying over to them on Windshear. "You never told us at the Edge!"

"I'm not telling you!" Dagur snapped and he heard Sleuther growl in annoyance. "Oh hush you, you're supposed to take my side!"

"It's still undecided." Ash said and rubbed the Triple Stryke's side gently to soothe him. "Anyways, what should I suspect to see when we reach your island?"

"Oh a whole lot of change." Dagur replied and grinned. "You're going to love it, and I'm sure the people are going to love you!"

As they flew, Dagur talked about what had been changed since he became a dragon rider and when he and Heather returned to their home. Heather told her how no one was really too thrilled about Dagur's change of behavior but they were glad to see her returned.

"Hiccup did say your dad used to be almost as bad as Dagur till he changed and became a bit more agreeable. They should at least be glad that they don't have to worry about having a chief who might cut their fingers off for smacking their food." Ash pointed out. "Not many people were too happy with having my mother as a queen, but it was way better than having one who was having sex with her own brother and blew up a sept with explosive fire!"

"Now that is better." Heather agreed. "What is your mom like?"

"She's pretty fair, willing to listen to the common folks problems and answers injustice with justice. When she wasn't busy she'd ride into the town and greet the people and try to get the place cleaned up." Ash said and smiled softly. "She and my father were one of those good rulers. In the North everyone loved my father and he loved his people. Everyone was quite happy to see him with my mother and produce seven children."

"Seven kids?! How old is your mother?" Dagur asked in alarm.

"Still somewhat young. I didn't come along until my parents were king and queen for almost a year." Ash responded. "I got six little brothers and sisters. Their names as Rickion, Lyanna, Eddard, Rhaella, Robert and Catherine. All with silver or dark hair and with violet, grey or brown eyes."

"Whoa, quite the bunch." Heather said sounding impressed.

"Oh it is," Ash laughed. "It most definitely is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So where will I stay?" Ash asked as they locked up their dragons. For some odd reason, the dragons would go crazy when they tried getting close to the village. Which meant that they had to walk all the way down.

"With us of course, we've got no guest rooms in our home so you can bunk with me." Dagur suggested.

"Oh no, she is sleeping in my room. Don't want any little Targaryen - Berserker babies running around this village." Heather said, giving her brother a scolding look. "And we definitely don't want a dragon bigger than a Red Death to come down and destroy this village for that."