"I...She..." Chad stammered, flushing.

XJ held up a hand, "You don't have to explain yourself. I'm here to give you an alternative: Instead of using me, which I know isn't going to work, I'll show you how to court her."

"How do you know it's not going to work?" Chad asked, although he was already showing signs of interest in XJ's offer.

XJ chuckled, "Charming, I grew up on the Isle. Although love wasn't really a thing back there, manipulation is my gig. I know how jealousy works and when it doesn't."

"We're manipulating Audrey?" Chad asked, alarmed.

"No, we're making her fall in love with you again," XJ countered. "That's what you want isn't it?"

"Yes," Chad replied immediately, like it was obvious. "Of course!"

"Then you'll need my help." XJ said in the same tone.

"Wait, why do you care?" Chad frowned, narrowing his eyes at XJ suspiciously. "Aren't you a villain? Love shouldn't be something you care about, whether it's your own or someone else's."

So the boy wasn't as dumb as XJ had originally anticipated. Regardless, she could still hook him. Not in the literal sense that Harry usually meant, that was.

XJ rolled her eyes, "That's a common misconception. Villains know what love is - it's just the traditional ones that don't believe in it. I'm from the second generation."

"The traditional ones?"

"You know, the originals: Jafar, Maleficent...I guess you could count Evil Queen out, since she wanted Evie to bring back a prince when she first came to Auradon, but for them, love is for the weak." XJ explained, leaning against the underside of the bleachers.

"So, what do you think love is?" Chad asked curiously.

"I have a boyfriend," XJ smiled slightly, "So I'd say love is pirate hooks and ripped red coats."

Chad blinked, "Who's your boyfriend?"

XJ sighed exasperatedly, "Harry Hook."

"Oh...him," Chad said hesitantly. XJ could see the gears moving in his head.

"He's the son of Captain Hook and he's also from the Isle." XJ explained impatiently.

"Is he still on the Isle?"

"Not at all," A thick accented voice replied. XJ and Chad turned around to see Harry strolling up to them.

XJ scowled as Harry wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her cheek, "I told you to wait over there."

"And guess who decided not to listen?" Harry asked, grinning, tapping the tip of XJ's nose.

Chad stared at the two like they were from another planet. XJ caught his look and frowned, "What?"

Chad swallowed hardly before replying, "I...I didn't expect people from the Isle to fall in love so quickly. I mean, even Mal and Evie took a while before they found Ben and Doug."

"Oh, we got together when we were still back on the Isle," XJ informed, making Chad's jaw drop.

Harry frowned, "Will you stop looking at us like that? Not all of us are heartless, you know."

"I...sorry," Chad said, still looking stricken. "Anyway, XJ, you were saying something about how you could help me get Audrey?"

XJ nodded, "I can't stand seeing someone fail so miserably, regardless of who they are. I'd stand by the sidelines and laugh, but it's going to get old pretty soon."

"That wasn't...nice."

"I'm not nice. I'm still from the Isle," XJ reminded Chad, tapping her foot impatiently. "Now, we'll get things moving when I've scoped out everything around here. I'll call you when I've taken notes on how everything and everyone around here works and we can start planning."

"But why can't we just start now?" Chad asked, frowning.

"Oh my - I've been here for one day and a bit more," XJ pinched her nose before looking at Chad, clearly annoyed, "It's the opposite of the place I've spent the last seventeen years of my life, Charming. I need time to adjust and experience things. I'm a fast learner, so you don't need to worry because it won't take long. I estimate around a week at most, then I can help you with Audrey."

"You promise?" Chad asked, his eyes lighting up.

XJ nodded, "I promise. I just want something in return."

"Do you want money? I can give you money! Or a phone! I can get my parents to give you a phone!" Chad enthusiastically offered.

XJ sighed, "I just want three favors from you when I need them. No questions from you when the time comes. Anything I want."

"Is that it? No money?"

"No, I don't need money."

"Okay! Done! Deal! Thank you!" Chad grinned excitedly.

"Don't back out on the three favors when I ask for them," XJ narrowed her eyes at Chad. "I'll be helping you build back up your relationship with Audrey - I can break it down if need be."

Chad gulped at the cold glare XJ was sending him. "I won't back out. I royally swear."

"Good enough. I'll see you around, Charming." XJ stated before turning to walk back into the school, Harry at her side.

"Wait!"

XJ groaned and stopped walking. She turned around and asked, irritated, "What?"

Chad rubbed the back of his neck, "For what it's worth, I'm sorry for trying to use you to make Audrey jealous."

"Don't worry about it," XJ waved her hand dismissively as she turned around and continued walking, "If I was as dumb as you, I would have done the same!" She called back to Chad.

"Okay!" Chad grinned before taking his bag and turning around to walk back into the other side of the school in the opposite direction. He suddenly frowned.

"Hey!"

XJ and Harry were already gone.