02; quiet

"...and she's thinking of rage, like an ember or a burning acid swallowing up her knotted viscera. Blindness like the kind that leads men to perpetrate horrors, animal drunkenness, the jungles of the mind."

― Alden Bell, The Reapers are the Angels

➳ ➳ ➳

PEOPLE WERE STILL SCREAMING. Blood pumped in her ears and her breathing sounded heavily. Kasey and Amira wailed for their mother

Naomi's hands shook as she removed them from Serena's stomach. Her arm was slathered in dark blood to her elbows; chest and knees and face. The mask Serena had drawn had run, leaving tear tracks down her cheeks. Her eyelashes hung heavy as she twisted her head to gaze at Finn.

She was faintly aware of some of her friends approaching from the woods—as if she was in a dream. Clarke and Octavia and Bellamy. They stared at the scene, eyes falling upon her. She was covered in so much blood, they could hardly recognise her.

Naomi wasn't sure whether she could hear properly. Noise rippled around her, screams and cries blurring. She held her trembling hands against her chest for a moment only. Her feet were numb. Pain pressed through her heart and veins—rage. So much rage.

Finn was looking towards the forest. Looking away; no remorse. No remorse for what he'd done.

For a second there was silence.

Noe launched herself at Finn with a scream. The two crashed backwards into the ground. She pulled herself onto him and punched him in the face. Naomi hit him again and again, blind with rage and yelling. His blood splattered her fists. His hands lay by his side. Her knees pressed bruises into his chest as she hit him.

She relished the satisfying crunch of his face with each punch. Patches of black blood from her knuckles smeared his cheeks. Murphy had his gun trained on her but she still hit him again and again. Her cries carried across the clearing.

"Naomi!" Strong arms wrapped around her from behind. She shoved back and knocked Bellamy to the ground.

"No!" She yelled at Finn again and brought the two of them to the ground. She broke his nose under her fist and gripped him by the jacket. Her fingernails ripped at the fabric. His own blood was splattered across his face, creating a red mask. There was so much blood.

And all she could think of was Serena. Serena who had given her a chance; Serena who had saved her more times than she deserved; Serena who had trusted and protected her; Serena who was her friend.

She hit him again with a wail, knuckles splitting wide against bone.

And then Octavia was holding her, arms pulled firmly around her. The two fell back against the ground and O sat still.

"No!" Naomi cried, trying to pull away. "No!" She kicked out and screamed. Her fingers reached for Finn, who was sitting on the ground. There was blood everywhere.

Octavia wrapped Naomi in a strong hug, resting her chin over Noe's shoulder. The blonde struggled against her friend and gripped at the ground, head hanging low. Octavia kept her still. She looked towards the sky as she held Naomi. She murmured something comforting in her friend's ear.

Naomi cried out again and slumped backwards, falling against Octavia's tight arms. She looked up at the sky through thick lashes. "No." Octavia pressed her fingers against Naomi's hair and cradled her backwards. Naomi tilted her head so she was staring at the dirt, heavy tears falling from her eyes. "Serena!" she wailed once. Her hands gripped into Octavia's arms.