Who?

A few days later, Steve was on a mission for SHIELD when the Winter Soldier appeared. He had a mask over his face and glasses over his eyes, his face hidden from view by shoulder-length hair. Natasha Romanova shot him in the eye, but his glasses protected him. The Winter Soldier pulled off his glasses and Steve took the opportunity to attack.

The two men rolled over each over, clawing and fighting. Suddenly the Winter Soldier's face mask fell off. Both stood up and looked at each other. "Bucky?" Steve gasped. He was in a daze, feeling like he had just been thrown into the past. None of the Winter Soldier's other physical features resembled Bucky's, but they had the same face. "Bucky!" Steve repeated.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" The Winter Soldier spat. Steve's heart shatters as he raced towards Steve, knife raised. Just in time Natasha yelled out to Steve, breaking him from his trance. Steve and Natasha evaded the Winter Soldier and raced back to safety.

Back at safety, Natasha broke the silence. "You said he was Bucky. Why? You risked our safety"

"His face. It was Bucky's face, except for one thing. He didn't recognize me." Steve fell silent again.

"Are you sure it was him?"

"Positive."

"You may have to kill him."

"I don't know if I can do that."

"We may not give you the choice." Natasha left, leaving Steve alone in his apartment.