The only thing stopping us chapter 5

chapter 5

the truth about this job

"What's wrong with him?" Steph asked the others "I don't know maybe it's something to do with his past" said Lee as they walked to their room knowing the way from the first time they walked into the base the reason they knew was because of their name was on an envelope positioned on each door and looked fresh, not to mention it had the exact date on it 27 April 2025 as well as do not open till tomorrow so they all just flopped on their beds to sleep.

*flashback*

Joel awakens to see the start of a war between the  police and gangs

"What the f".... before he finished his sentence an explosion happened the police station when up. Of course he was part of the team he would soon manage from his father so,he grabbed his gear from under the bed "come on dad. We need to do this" he shouted "you can't come it's too dangerous for you, I'm not losing you like I did your mother got that!" his dad replied then kissed Joel's forehead. Joel groan "come on please put me on the team I'll help you as good as I can" he said grumpily "Ok, Ok come on then" his dad replied the team stood there as in hours of need,they always go to the bosses house no matter what.

now it starts the fighting all out war guns and bullets flying everywhere, the team was doing the best they could but the team was dropping like flies but so was the criminals until a shot rang out. A scream bellowed out, Joel turned to see his dad drop, blood shooting out, Joel ran to him tears flowing "please don't die please" he blubbed "go just run" his dad said croaky struggling for breath as he died. Joel stood up grabbed a machine gun and furiously shot at every gunner since he was the last man standing. He legged it because he knew more would come to find the rest.

*flashback Ends*

The furious four open the envelopes to reveal a letter all saying the same, just like golden tickets in charlie and the chocolate factory. The letter said: welcome to you, the heroes of the world, this is a experiment to see if your right for the job. Now get your asses out here for the tour!!

from

Carrie

the eyes and ears of the street

the furious four came out of the room to see Carrie "Hi sweethearts nice to see you all, Joel hasn't shut up about you lot yet. You guys must be good by the way he's just setting up the machines for your tests" she said smiling like a Cheshire cat

"What's wrong with Joel" asked lee blatantly "I can't answer that if you get into the league of many teams here he will tell you" Carrie replied, you could tell she resented the question.

the furious four walked down the hall to see goggles hanging from the ceiling "Ahh hi my supergroup welcome to my testing area, I would just use a shooting range but I perfer to see how my teams work in certain circumstances." said Joel excitedly  "if you guys can put the goggles on we will start it's a virtual world creator designed to test groups for wars this is are design oh and good luck" he added

As the furious four went to put the goggles on when Joel pipped up and said "sorry for last night" before anyone said anything Joel smashed the button to send them into the world. When the four entered the world they where back to back just like the avengers, the world is broken, died and clasping. "wow they went all out on this virtual world it looks so much like ours" Steven said and it was true it was recreated around them. 

Joel pulled them out "we can't do the tests yet your brains can't handle it yet but it's coping better than the rest if the groups and much faster so tomorrow you'll be ready" he said "you all can go apart from you Steven, we need to talk" he added