Durga was overjoyed that her son accepted to get married to her friend's daughter. She decided to call Pavitra and talk to her soon to be daughter in law. They talked for hours, discussing about the wedding before she hung up.

Pratik on the other hand didn't like the idea of Raj getting married anymore because he knew his son was just pretending to be excited about the wedding to make his mom happy. He tried talking to him to not accept to get married out of pressure from people but to follow what he wished and whatever decision he made, would be respected but he disagreed, claiming he was happy. with that been said, he gave up trying to convince him otherwise and prayed for his happiness instead.

And Samaira, she was furious. She didn't want Rajveer to get into an Arranged marriage. She also tried to convince him to change his mind but he was hellbent on getting married. He wouldn't change his mind. His mom's happiness was all he wanted even if it was at the expense of his. Samaira got so determined to make Roshni's life miserable if she eventually became part of their family, because she believed she was ruining her only sibling's life.

Raj was not at all happy about the decision he took, but he masked his feelings and replaced them with fake smiles and happiness.

____________________________________

The day for the engagement finally arrived.

The day Raj dreaded.

Roshni

My engagement day, I'm finally going to meet my future husband.
I hope he treats women with respect.

I was busy checking out my dress when I heard mum calling for me from downstairs. "Roshni."

I quickly hurried downstairs to her. She was busy checking out some garments as well when I arrived downstairs.

"The groom's family will be here soon, go and get ready quickly, we wouldn't want to keep them waiting for too long." mom advised.

"Alright, mum." I answered before walking back to my room.

My friends were still sleeping. I went into the bathroom and did all I had to do before emerging.

Emerging from the bathroom, I met my friends already awake. They did not waste any time in picking my dress. The makeup artist was ready around as well. She applied my makeup, did my hair and left afterwards.

"Try these jewelries on, Rosh, they are perfect." my best friend Vidhi said handling me some jewelries.

"Nope Vid, I won't wear that, it's very heavy and I won't be comfortable in them." I objected.

"I won't take no for an answer, today you are going to wear whatever I choose for you. That's my right as your best friend." She remarked.

"Alright, mum." I replied, sarcastically. I could never win an argument against Vid. She was just so persistent.

"How do find these shoes?" Isha asked showing me a pair of gold coloured shoes.