"I think you've exerted enough magic for today," replies Alec, his voice stern and clear of any emotion. Yet his voice is still somehow warm and comforting.

"Why don't you take a break? Drink?" the Omega suggests, hoping that Alec will listen to him. Not that he really expects him to, he expects Alec to just finish cleaning the blood off of his couch then leave. Alec keeps surprising him.

When Alec places the rage back in the bucket he doesn't move to ring it out and continue scrubbing, leaving it to soak as he gets up from the floor and comes to the kitchen and Magnus gives him the blue drink in the martini glass.

His face scrunches up, adorably, after taking his first sip. The Warlock grabs himself some whiskey when Alec asks: "Why did you ask for me, when Jace and Clary were both here?" Magnus barely catches the hint of curiosity in his voice. Magnus can also feel the pheromones that Alec is releasing, unintentionally. Normally Alpha's don't release pheromones unless: they're mating, in a physical fight, or they're nervous.

And from what's happened with Alec, they aren't mating, nor has Alec just gotten out of a fight either, so why would he be nervous? Magnus wants to ask but doesn't, instead he says:

"Jace didn't tell you? Doesn't matter it was a lie anyway. I wanted to see you again." 

"Why?"

Why? Now Magnus is curious. Surely Alec has had many Omega's and Beta's (even closeted ones in the Clave) lining up to try and be his mate, and he's probably have had many partners and dates before Magnus has taken an interest in him.

"You've unlocked something in me." Magnus says instead, which isn't a complete lie. When he first saw Alec in Pandemonium after not seeing each other in a few months Magnus realized how much more handsome Alec is. (Especially in a denim shirt.)

As they drink in silence Magnus sees the corners of Alec's lips lift into a small smile before pushing them back down. The silence is nice and comfortable, much better than the silence he's had with past relationships, Richard, Camille, and Imasu are some in particular.

It's close to half an hour after Alec joins him for drinks when it happens. His body starts to feel warm, heart starting to pound even more, his pants going a little damp. A sweet smell in the air. Oh no. He's in heat. It's impossible! He isn't supposed to go into heat for another month at least!

Magnus looks over at Alec and sees his body tense, biting his lip, adverting his eyes; obviously not wanting to look at Magnus, most likely trying to keep his inner Alpha at bay so he doesn't pounce and start ravishing the Warlock. During heats Omegas need to be locked away so they don't risk the chance of any Alpha catching their scent, unless they have an Alpha mate that can help them through it.

"I-uh-I-uh s-should go. G-goodnight." Alec grabs his jacket and Magnus, not caring about his heat and wanting to be a good host, walks Alec to the door.

"I think a proper 'thank you' is in order." Magnus states.

"W-what f-for?" Alec is looking at the floor, still avoiding looking at Magnus.

The Warlock smiles at the stuttering Alpha, even as Alec's face goes red. "For coming over and helping me with Luke."

Alec's head immediately snaps up. "O-oh that? I-it was n-nothing."

"Nonsense." Magnus leans up and kisses Alec. He aims for his cheek and ends up near the corner of his lips, not that Alec seems to mind as he wraps his hands around Magnus, in what the Alpha most likely thinks is an innocent gesture so Magnus doesn't fall or stumble; but his hands seem to send Magnus more ablaze.